KrisFlyer newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFlyer newbie question

I just signed up for KrisFlyer this morning.

I have a flight on SQ this evening, travelling in a group, booked through a travel agent.

My question is, does one earn miles when the booking is done individually (where KrisFlyer number is needed to be input during booking)

or can I just show them my printed out membership card at check-in or something and get miles?

I'm a little confused about all these things. Thank you.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    I just signed up for KrisFlyer this morning.

I have a flight on SQ this evening, travelling in a group, booked through a travel agent.

My question is, does one earn miles when the booking is done individually (where KrisFlyer number is needed to be input during booking)

or can I just show them my printed out membership card at check-in or something and get miles?

I'm a little confused about all these things. Thank you.
    You can get miles either way, but it also depends on the type of ticket you purchased. Some discounted tickets do not earn miles. Just bring along your KF card for check-in, and if the tix is good for miles, they'll credit it for you.

Comment

Hi guys
      had booked a award ticket Sin kul(6375 miles+SGD80),but as the flight from AKL SIN arrived way earlier then scheduled,decided to take another airline to KUL. went to the sq office at T2 to inform them to cancel the ticket.
      When called up later to rechedule the date/cancel,was told that I will be charged SGD98 for late change fee+SGD38 to redeposit the miles.Hence the cancellation fee came to SGD SGD137. Has anyone had this experience or shed some light on this?Is it worth to pay the extra for the 6k plus miles?

thanks a million

Comment

Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
        Hi guys
        had booked a award ticket Sin kul(6375 miles+SGD80),but as the flight from AKL SIN arrived way earlier then scheduled,decided to take another airline to KUL. went to the sq office at T2 to inform them to cancel the ticket.
        When called up later to rechedule the date/cancel,was told that I will be charged SGD98 for late change fee+SGD38 to redeposit the miles.Hence the cancellation fee came to SGD SGD137. Has anyone had this experience or shed some light on this?Is it worth to pay the extra for the 6k plus miles?

thanks a million
        6,000 miles is worth much more than SGD 137, so yes you should pay to get it deposited.

The cxl fee is usually usd25, lower if cancelled online. You seem to be charged usd75 which is true if it is less than 24h to the flight.

Comment

thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
          X