Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best use of miles when redeeming for business instead of economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best use of miles when redeeming for business instead of economy?

Hi. I was just doing some calculation and it seems it is more value for money to redeem for business class award tickets than economy class. Seemingly the taxes and fuel charges are the same in both classes. On top of that, there are cheaper economy tickets found on other full service carriers. Hence, it does depreciate the value of the KrisFlyer miles when redeeming in economy class.

Does the above hold some truth?

Nope. You forgot F.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Nope. You forgot F.

Indeed. Overlooked that. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear View Post
        Hi. I was just doing some calculation and it seems it is more value for money to redeem for business class award tickets than economy class. Seemingly the taxes and fuel charges are the same in both classes. On top of that, there are cheaper economy tickets found on other full service carriers. Hence, it does depreciate the value of the KrisFlyer miles when redeeming in economy class.

Does the above hold some truth?
        Can you share some of your calculations? just curious.

Comment

Nope. You forgot F.
          But is SQ F really that much better that it is worth spending more miles for F redemption? I dunno. The thing is there are a lot of people here who don't believe that SQ F is really that much better than SQ J to justify spending much more (miles or $) in part coz SQ J is already great and the SQ F and J hardware is similar (I'm talking mainly long haul, non Suites). I count myself in that camp. I would rather stick to J redemption than F, and save my miles for more future J redemptions.

But not everyone shares this view, of course. If SQFlyerGirl were to get a whiff of this, my guess is she would jump in with her edict that F is F.

Comment

If normal ticket cost is the yardstick, then F is certainly the best way to go when using miles.

However, whether the product itself is worth the difference in miles is subject to individual preference.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
              If normal ticket cost is the yardstick, then F is certainly the best way to go when using miles.

However, whether the product itself is worth the difference in miles is subject to individual preference.

Comment

milehighj, I love your profile pic. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                X