Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Availability

Hi All,

I've put in a request upgrade (economy to business) some flights i have coming up SYD-SFO and return. Is it normal for a flight to be showing Saver Availability for a business redemption but having to be on a waitlist for a Saver upgrade?

Don't they come from the same pool? What is the likelihood of getting the requested upgrade?

thanks

SQ's priority is to sell the seats but if they can't they'll certainly allow redemption ... so you just need to wait a tad. There have been times that they confirm within 24hrs of request. It all depends on the take-up for that flight.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousm View Post
      Hi All,

I've put in a request upgrade (economy to business) some flights i have coming up SYD-SFO and return. Is it normal for a flight to be showing Saver Availability for a business redemption but having to be on a waitlist for a Saver upgrade?

Don't they come from the same pool? What is the likelihood of getting the requested upgrade?

thanks
      Should be from the same bucket. Take a screenshot of the available saver redemption and then call them about your plight. With the screenshot, they should confirm your upgrade with the 15% discount intact (provided your tix was purchased online as well).

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        Should be from the same bucket. Take a screenshot of the available saver redemption and then call them about your plight. With the screenshot, they should confirm your upgrade with the 15% discount intact (provided your tix was purchased online as well).
        I was told by the KF call centre that they come from different buckets, can you confirm this is the case. I don't fly until 15th Oct and i don't want to seem too pushy with them

Comment

Originally posted by curiousm View Post
          I was told by the KF call centre that they come from different buckets, can you confirm this is the case. I don't fly until 15th Oct and i don't want to seem too pushy with them
          Unless there is a change in policy, they should be drawn from the same bucket. At least, that was what I was told by KF. I am assuming that you are using KF miles and not partner miles, right?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Unless there is a change in policy, they should be drawn from the same bucket. At least, that was what I was told by KF. I am assuming that you are using KF miles and not partner miles, right?
            I always though they were from the same bucket.

But recent experience in May proved otherwise. I issued a commercial ticket (full flexi) with the intention to upgrade knowing that 2 savers were available for full redemption. To my horror, when I tried to upgrade online or offline, they were not. I waitlisted but as expected, the waitlist cleared 3-4 days before the flight.

Comment

This has already been discussed here here.

I experienced it a couple of times with A380 flights between SYD and SIN that the website shows available saver business redemptions but after making the booking, no saver upgrade redemptions are available. Since someone gave me the tip in the other thread, I usually just call KF and ask. In some cases I was able to get a saver upgrade over the phone, in others I wasn't. So there really seem to be two different buckets.

In short, there seems to be no obvious rule or consistency and I therefore recommend you to simply call KF and ask. If they tell you saver upgrades are available, just explain them, they didn’t show up online to get the 15% discount. This is usually not a problem since the KF call agents seem to be well aware of the fact that their website never works.

Comment

So i fly SIN-SFO SQ16 on 16/10. Is anyone able to tell me what are the chances of having my wait listed upgrade confirmed. Are there many J seats currently available for this flight?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X