On waitlist for upgrade but it says "Not Available" on Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On waitlist for upgrade but it says "Not Available" on Website

I am waitlisted for an upgrade from Economy to Business on SQ11 and Sq12 in December. I called the SQ call centre and they put me on the waitlist for a Saver Upgrade. However, on the website when i try to Upgrade under Manage My bookings, it says " Not Available" instead of "Waitlist" for a Saver Upgrade
    Does that mean I have no chance of getting the upgrade?
    Anybody who can help?
    Thanks!

December from now is still 6 months so its difficult to say. But if they say not avail instead of waitlist, your possibility of getting that seat basically just went down quite a fair bit.

But stay hopeful. SQ do open up redemptions at the last minute (better burn miles than get nothing out of it), so you might get a chance to get the seat...
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Checking upgrade space...

Is there a way to check for upgrade space before I book it?

Does SQ use the same code for upgrades as they do for awards?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        Is there a way to check for upgrade space before I book it?

Does SQ use the same code for upgrades as they do for awards?
        Apparently, thats the case. I've always used that as the benchmark
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
          Apparently, thats the case. I've always used that as the benchmark
          So how does one check if the upgrade is available?

Comment

Login to your KF account (assuming you have one and the webbie is working), attempt a redemption booking and if you see space available, then the upgrade would also be available. Both UG and full redemptions are from the same bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Login to your KF account (assuming you have one and the webbie is working), attempt a redemption booking and if you see space available, then the upgrade would also be available. Both UG and full redemptions are from the same bucket.
              I recently booked an upgradable Y fare for my kids.

Once I had the ticket I tried to upgrade but none available!

I checked the flight for redemption tickets and savers were available!

Comment

What's shown on the website can't be trust...
                Want to change my *A redemption booking on my last segment HKG-SIN on SQ...
                Check it on the website, it's shown that SQ1 still got seat available.
                Called KF to change the the flight...
                They said, no availability on SQ1, only on SQ859...
                While on the phone, I checked again on the SQ website... the seat still there...
                I told the agent, the seat is available on the website...
                She said, no availability on her system, the website couldn't be trust because there's a lot of error there...

Haizzz.... !!!

And also for the cancellation.
                It's been 2 days since I called KF to cancel one of my redemption booking, but until now, the mileage still has not been credited back to my account...
                Called KF this morning, they said it's still being processed...
                After 2 days???
                I told the agent, usually the cancellation will effective immediately, and the mileage will be credited back right away...
                The agent said it must be because of the new system...

Another haizzzz...!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  I recently booked an upgradable Y fare for my kids.

Once I had the ticket I tried to upgrade but none available!

I checked the flight for redemption tickets and savers were available!
                  That happens sometimes, that's when regular SQ plebs like me have to call KF and hold 28 mins and when I finally get through, point it out to them, then they process the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    That happens sometimes, that's when regular SQ plebs like me have to call KF and hold 28 mins and when I finally get through, point it out to them, then they process the upgrade.
                    Thanks for the tip!

I booked a flight to ZRH and while saver redemption tickets have been available for weeks now, saver upgrade fares have always been shown as unavailable on the website. I ended up booking the standard fare.

Now after reading your post, I called KF and it turned out that saver upgrade fares are available. They now switched my standard with a saver ticket.
                    Last edited by Pascal; 31 July 2012, 07:42 AM. Reason: More precise

Comment

Happy the tip helped you, Pascal

Comment

still not confirmed yet (

Comment

anybody has experience with upgrade waitlists clearing on sq12 or sq11?

Comment

Working...
                          X