Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight delay question

Hi all,

Wasn't having much luck in the Flyertalk Forum so I thought I'd try my hand here.

I'm booked on a Krisflyer redemption flight in J on SQ15 (SFO to SIN via ICN) which departs SFO at 1410. I'll be flying in from YYC that morning - I haven't bought my ticket yet but looking to purchase a flight on AC4364 which arrives at 930 in SFO so I should have plenty of time to make the connection. The question I had was what will happen if the AC flight is delayed causing me to miss my SQ flight? Is there a way to link my two flights as they will be ticketed separately, i.e. should I go through SQ to book my AC flight so they are aware of the connection or will I just forfeit the flight and have to book a separate one if the worst case scenario happens? Many thanks

mingster

No dice.

Putting in an info segment onto both tickets is only that - an info segment. SQ will be aware, but is NOT obliged to protect you as such.

Comment

Thanks SQflyergirl.

I thought as much but just wanted to make sure.

Comment

This is why I usually fly in the night before my 'main' flight and spend a night in a cheap airport hotel. You never can be too sure with two separate bookings, I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by mingster View Post
          Hi all,

Wasn't having much luck in the Flyertalk Forum so I thought I'd try my hand here.

I'm booked on a Krisflyer redemption flight in J on SQ15 (SFO to SIN via ICN) which departs SFO at 1410. I'll be flying in from YYC that morning - I haven't bought my ticket yet but looking to purchase a flight on AC4364 which arrives at 930 in SFO so I should have plenty of time to make the connection. The question I had was what will happen if the AC flight is delayed causing me to miss my SQ flight? Is there a way to link my two flights as they will be ticketed separately, i.e. should I go through SQ to book my AC flight so they are aware of the connection or will I just forfeit the flight and have to book a separate one if the worst case scenario happens? Many thanks

mingster
          As it is a SQ redemption, in the worst case scenario you become a no-show and take the next available flight which may as well be SQ1 after paying the no-show fee

Comment

Working...
          X