Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximum stay for redemption?

hi

does anyone know the maximum duration i can stay in the country if i use a redemption ticket (not talking visa issues, talking about ticket validity).

i'm planning my grad trip to the states now, problem is that the cheap sq fares are only valid for 1 month maximum stay and i'm thinking more like 2-2.5 months.

those full fares with 3 months validity are like 2.7k. if i were to use redemption, what's the maximum stay for say, an economy saver ticket?

many thanks

You could just book 2 one ways and not have to deal with that, otherwise its 6 months for saver and 12 months for standard and full

Comment

holy moley you're absolutely right. why didn't i think of that.

cheers.

Comment

I generally do that for most of my trips.

The miles and surchages are exactly half for one way trips. Also, the fact that you have travelled the outbound leg will have no impact on you making changes to the return journey.

On the other hand, the advantages of a return ticket are 1) that you are entitled to a stopover on one leg and 2) I am guessing on this one... if the return leg is delayed, you may get compensated with a hotel stay.

Comment

Working...
        X