No announcement yet.

UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express® Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to share my experience with this new card's Limo service. They don't use the usual SMRT or Comfort Mercedes cabs, instead they outsourced it to a private vendor who has a fleet of Mercedes limos of various sizes. Used it twice and will really think twice about using their service again.

Trip #1. Eve of departure, never receive a call or SMS to remind me of the service unlike other free limo rides i have taken from other banks. Had to call the vendor directly to confirm my booking. The limo that came was a huge Maxicab-like black Mercs limo. Driver confirmed with me the destination and I told him to use the main road to the expressway when he asked if he can use another "shortcut" via Seletar to TPE. I agreed since I thought he should know the way as he asked for it. End up he got lost and I had to help him find a way to the expressway. Wasted 15 mins.

Trip #2. Booked 1 month earlier. Driver called 1 day later to ask me to remind him 2 days before the trip in case he forgets. Eve of departure, again, no calls or SMS to confirm the service. Sent driver a SMS with my address to confirm and he replied Ok.

Actual day at 5.15am, i got down early to wait for my 5.20am ride which simply never turned up. 5 mins past the agreed timing, I texted the driver. No response. Another 5 mins passed and I called the driver. Seems like it's a different driver picking up the call and he alleged that I was a no-show as he came to my block at 3.20am - and he quoted my block number WRONGLY! Though he did apologise and says I can make a claim from UOB or from them after I kicked up a big fuss with him while hurriedly hailing a cab for my 7.10am flight, the damage is already done. Bet you all know what I did while I was in the cab enroute to airport......

Would love to hear of other cardmember's experience with UOB's limo service.

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
      On the PRVI card's free airport "limo", theoretically if I swipe the card today at an overseas hotel (physically) to pay for my stay, could I claim a trip to the airport for another trip subsequently? Would UOB be able to distinguish that transaction from an online prepaid booking for a "future" stay?
      According to the T&Cs, it doesn't matter. As long as you have a travel related charge within 3 months of the booking, it's free.

However, looking at the comments from cmy, you might be better off avoiding this free limo service...

Comment

yeah i was thinking of that too... not like a cab ride costs that much

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
          yeah i was thinking of that too... not like a cab ride costs that much
          Not when you are staying at the western end of Singapore.

Just to share my views on this limo ride. Last week, I used this service for a 0245hrs pickup for my UA flight to HKG. Driver sent a text msg at 0232hrs signaling his arrival. A Comfort-branded maxicab was allocated to me. A midnight surcharge of SGD10 is levied and I used my EZLink card (Maybank Horizon Visa card linked for auto-topup) for payment.

Overall, a good experience and ride, and I will utilise it again.

Comment

I still have not gotten this card after 1 month!!! Call in today and was told still under processing. I called in about 2 weeks ago, and was told it has been approved and card should be sent out the week after.

I dunno what is going on. Actually I do not think I want this card anymore.....
            visit my blog

Comment

Been using this alot and yet to redeem any miles but it seems to be accruing quite fast

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Been using this alot and yet to redeem any miles but it seems to be accruing quite fast
                may be because of you, UOB does not dare to issue this card any more
                visit my blog

Comment

*The "10X UNI$ on shopping" for UOB Preferred Platinum American Express Cardmembers will be replaced by "10X UNI$ on dining" with effect from 1 November 2012. Cardmembers can still enjoy 10 UNI$ for every S$5 spent at department store or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes, or bags as its main business activity on or before 31 October 2012. Thereafter, shopping transactions made on or after 1 November 2012 will earn 2 UNI$ for every S$5 spent. Cardmembers can enjoy 10 UNI$ for every S$5 spent at food and beverage ("F&B") establishments from 1 November 2012.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards..._platinum.html

Comment

That's for a different card.

I got this msg this morning by SMS:

"Get the most miles with UOB PRVI Miles Amex Card! Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas from now to 31 Dec '12! T&Cs apply."

No link to the T&Cs and can't find any other mention for it anywhere... but it is the best promotion I can find on any credit card at the moment. Ticketed almost 1.5k ex-BKK immediately after receiving that SMS...

Comment

"Get the most miles with UOB PRVI Miles Amex Card! Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas from now to 31 Dec '12! T&Cs apply."

No link to the T&Cs and can't find any other mention for it anywhere... but it is the best promotion I can find on any credit card at the moment. Ticketed almost 1.5k ex-BKK immediately after receiving that SMS...
                      Hmmm...I didn't get that text.

Comment

I gave them a call yesterday and the agent confirmed that the T&C is simply to spend before 31 Dec. No minimum spend and no maximum cap.

It's mileage-earning war.
                        Citibank premier miles is offering 2.6x with minimum spend of 2,000 and maximum of 16,500 before 31/12 and DBS Altitude just sent an email yesterday offering 2.4x with minimum spend of 3,000 before 31/12.

Where is Maybank? They should enter the war with 3.5x

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                          I gave them a call yesterday and the agent confirmed that the T&C is simply to spend before 31 Dec. No minimum spend and no maximum cap.

It's mileage-earning war.
                          Citibank premier miles is offering 2.6x with minimum spend of 2,000 and maximum of 16,500 before 31/12 and DBS Altitude just sent an email yesterday offering 2.4x with minimum spend of 3,000 before 31/12.

Where is Maybank? They should enter the war with 3.5x
                          No min spend for UOB? Still not sure what the T&Cs are...!

Comment

No min spend for UOB? Still not sure what the T&Cs are...!
                            Kyo, I called them and the answer I got is that the T&C for this promotion is just the duration/period up to 31 Dec. No min spend, no max cap. And the agent was pretty certain about it - quite direct, straighforward, and she sounded familiar with the query.

May be you can call them too and double check to confirm and then post here.

Thanks

Comment

Seems like it's any overseas spend (to whoever got that SMS?) between 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012.

I have better things to do than speak to a UOB agent, I'll pass, thanks...

Comment

Yes - overseas spend only and that means transactions in non-sgd only irrespective of location

Comment

Working...
                                X