Suites on Standard Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suites on Standard Award

Suites available for redemption at "Standard Award" rates. Change was made only less than 24 hours ago.

Just realized 3 mins ago.. Thought it was a glitch

Comment

Saw this myself too. Still, is it worth the ~80% premium over the 77W product, comparing the routes where there are both the 77W and A380 (for example, NRT, FRA, LHR until end-May, etc)?

My instinct is to go for the 77W given that there's no difference in the soft product, considering that there's still such a sizeable difference between Saver and Standard...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Saw this myself too. Still, is it worth the ~80% premium over the 77W product, comparing the routes where there are both the 77W and A380 (for example, NRT, FRA, LHR until end-May, etc)?

My instinct is to go for the 77W given that there's no difference in the soft product, considering that there's still such a sizeable difference between Saver and Standard...
        My guess is that this is SQ's response to those who wish to travel in FCL on redemption but are unable to do so on routes that are solely A380 (LHR, CDG, ZRH, JFK, LAX). They are now given the option of paying a 67% premium to travel in Suites (instead of F) on whichever route they want.

The weird thing, though, is that they are not allowing Full awards...

Comment

so no more free date changes on currently-issued uplifted Suites saver tickets.

They will be asking for reissuance to standards now.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post

Depends:

SYD-SIN in F Saver is 75.000 miles
            SIN-FRA in F Saver is 107.500 miles

SYD-SIN/SIN-FRA in F Standard is 195.000 miles and allows for a stop-over in SIN.

Splitting that 40/60:

SYD-SIN is 78.000 miles in Suites
            SIN-FRA is 117.000 miles in Suites

All mileage without online discount.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              Depends:

SYD-SIN in F Saver is 75.000 miles
              SIN-FRA in F Saver is 107.500 miles

SYD-SIN/SIN-FRA in F Standard is 195.000 miles and allows for a stop-over in SIN.

Splitting that 40/60:

SYD-SIN is 78.000 miles in Suites
              SIN-FRA is 117.000 miles in Suites

All mileage without online discount.
              True, but for my own purposes, I am comparing the following, for example:

ICN-SIN-LHR/FRA with SIN-LHR/FRA in either R or F, and no stopover at SIN:

Saver: 127,500 miles w/o discount
              Standard: 220,000 miles w/o discount
              Difference: 72.5% more miles required for Standard

If R was a much more differentiated product, then I would be able to attach more value onto the difference, but for the only difference being the private suite, I'd much rather get 1x F and 1x J on the same route compared to just 1x R with my limited number of miles

Comment

I suspect a glitch. Grab them while they last.

Comment

Looks like they are already gone!
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

deleted. wrong info.
                    Last edited by eriond; 24 May 2012, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X