F class redeemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F class redeemption

Since I never fly F class ever, my dream is to fly F class before it gets phase out.

So I am thinking to redeem F class ticket, so need advise from you guys.
    - Should I do reward redemption or buy C class and do upgrade?
    - Which destination require less mileage (i.e. distance/mileage is the lowest). Of course don't think it is worth to fly to CGK or HKG on F, as it is too short.
    - is SQ burn rate is better or TG? also which one will be worthwhile? I got mileage on both and can transfer my PremierMiles or HSBC to both of them.

Thanks for any suggestion
    visit my blog

Most importantly..... where do you want to go?

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      Since I never fly F class ever, my dream is to fly F class before it gets phase out. [...]
      Who of the 'quality' airlines is phasing out F?
      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Since I never fly F class ever, my dream is to fly F class before it gets phase out.

So I am thinking to redeem F class ticket, so need advise from you guys.
        - Should I do reward redemption or buy C class and do upgrade?
        - Which destination require less mileage (i.e. distance/mileage is the lowest). Of course don't think it is worth to fly to CGK or HKG on F, as it is too short.
        - is SQ burn rate is better or TG? also which one will be worthwhile? I got mileage on both and can transfer my PremierMiles or HSBC to both of them.

Thanks for any suggestion
        Firstly, the crucial question is how many miles do you have for burning????

1. To answer Q1. You should do a comparison chart and see which one has less nett mileage requirement. You need to have a specific destination first and then do the detailed calculation including miles spent, miles earned if on upgrade, and all the associated taxes. Different routes will have different scenarios so you have to do this homework first.

2. Best ratio is at saver levels, at the highest cabin class (F savers), and to the furthest destination which is Sao Paulo. And flying out of Sao Paulo means almost zero surcharges. Only USD45 from there to Singapore but only from there, not if you buy a return flight from Singapore. You can tag SQ67 to any Southeast destinations for free. For example Sao Paulo-Singapore-Manila. But I like Jakarta because 3 of the planes going there has retrofitted F. And my roots are there.

3. I don't know how to compare with TG. Can't help you with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          Who of the 'quality' airlines is phasing out F?
          Well I do not know but you look on the trend now, more and more airlines have given up First Class in exchange of "better" C and "premium" economy. May be in the future F will be replaced by "better" C and C will be downgraded to "premium" economy?
          visit my blog

Comment

Well I do not know but you look on the trend now, more and more airlines have given up First Class in exchange of "better" C and "premium" economy. May be in the future F will be replaced by "better" C and C will be downgraded to "premium" economy?
            If you could kindly furnish us with more details as mentioned above, instead of worrying about F disappearing, we can start giving you some assistance

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              Firstly, the crucial question is how many miles do you have for burning????

1. To answer Q1. You should do a comparison chart and see which one has less nett mileage requirement. You need to have a specific destination first and then do the detailed calculation including miles spent, miles earned if on upgrade, and all the associated taxes. Different routes will have different scenarios so you have to do this homework first.

2. Best ratio is at saver levels, at the highest cabin class (F savers), and to the furthest destination which is Sao Paulo. And flying out of Sao Paulo means almost zero surcharges. Only USD45 from there to Singapore but only from there, not if you buy a return flight from Singapore. You can tag SQ67 to any Southeast destinations for free. For example Sao Paulo-Singapore-Manila. But I like Jakarta because 3 of the planes going there has retrofitted F. And my roots are there.

3. I don't know how to compare with TG. Can't help you with this one.
              Thanks for the reply. No destination in mind for now The purpose is to just fly F class. So I need to find the route that still have F class and try to collect point to achive it

Since the longer the distance I believe the more miles requirement so I may looking something around 6-8 hours flight to balance between mileage requirement and the duration to enjoy the F class.

I am thinking may be Tokyo/Seoul. Looking at SQ website it require 60,000x2 miles for F savers. So any better deal for about 6-8 hours flight?
              Last edited by lingua101; 18 April 2012, 05:21 PM.
              visit my blog

Comment

Thanks for the reply. No destination in mind for now The purpose is to just fly F class. So I need to find the route that still have F class and try to collect point to achive it

Since the longer the distance I believe the more miles requirement so I may looking something around 6-8 hours flight to balance between mileage requirement and the duration to enjoy the F class.

I am thinking may be Tokyo/Seoul.

Will do some home work. Any idea where I can find the distance between 2 cities in SQ website. I can't find it.
                You should do the math to find out which award is most worth it. Although longer flights require more miles, they can sometimes be more worth it compared with shorter flights.

You can use the Accural Calculator in the KF website. Google might help.

Comment

Working...
                X