Krisflyer vs Asiamiles vs Enrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer vs Asiamiles vs Enrich

Ok, it has been a while since I redeemed anything on Krisflyer after my last 1000 miles disappeared from my account and now have zero miles left.

But I have to transfer some soon-to-expire HSBC reward points and it would be the equivalent of about 100K miles if transfered to KF or AM or EN (slightly less due to higher 'exchange').

With the new award levels of KF which I am still trying to get my head around.. what in your opinion is best for me to transfer to .

I have about 30K in my AM account, and I accrue the odd CX Y flight on it, (since all J flights go into my AAdvantage account) and zero miles in my Enrich account.

Thank you !

Bump !

Hello, no one here has all 3 if not at least 2 of the above ?

Comment

Hi Guy , IMO , bank them to your most used ' carrier ' FF program.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        Bump !

Hello, no one here has all 3 if not at least 2 of the above ?

I do not have enrich so can't comment. Between KF and AM is depend where you are based. If you are based in SIN, KF will allow you to fly to MDO which is as far as HKG for only 15,000.

AM has option to redeem merchandise also for me i always transferred out my expired AM to my PC through point.com
        visit my blog

Comment

GB, I guess it depends where and in what COS you intend to redeem and then work out which gets you what you want for the least amount of miles

Comment

Guy Betsy, could you please advise which airlines (and alliance) you mostly travel on?

Comment

I'm not seeking which alliance I want to join. I want to know out of these 3 programmes which one shall I put 100K miles of my HSBC reward points in to redeem awards on. It doesn't matter which airlines I fly as I will not put my flown miles in any of these 3 programmes. Only exception is maybe Asia Miles as discounted economy flights on CX still credit 100% with them. My business/first class flights on CX will be credited into AAdvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                I'm not seeking which alliance I want to join. I want to know out of these 3 programmes which one shall I put 100K miles of my HSBC reward points in to redeem awards on. It doesn't matter which airlines I fly as I will not put my flown miles in any of these 3 programmes. Only exception is maybe Asia Miles as discounted economy flights on CX still credit 100% with them. My business/first class flights on CX will be credited into AAdvantage.
                Assuming the HSBC rewards program in your country have the same points to miles exchange rates for all Enrich, Krisflyer and Asia Miles (as an example, this does not hold true in Malaysia, here Enrich costs a little bit more rewards points per mile to exchange than KF/AM) - I'd put it in Enrich assuming they all had the same rate.

Simply because long haul burn rates are not too bad, they have 30% off quite frequently and you've got a shot a potentially being able to use them on OW when they join later.

KF burn ratios aren't as good long haul, maybe a bit better short haul, but those short haul tickets are the ones you want to buy with cash anyway. AM burn ratios to me are probably the worst of the three.

Not going to talk about earn ratios, as you mention you're not putting any flights to them, only your HSBC points.

Comment

I'm with SQFG on this one - Enrich has some darn good redemption rates, especially when they have the 30% off and that excludes 15% off online redemptions

If you've got miles to spare you can even get a thing or two from their Inflight sales

I personally won't hold my breath for them joining OW. Talks with QF have broken down, and their own union is opposing it. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    I personally won't hold my breath for them joining OW. Talks with QF have broken down, and their own union is opposing it. Only time will tell, I suppose.
                    At the same time MH is also bookable for flights in OW's Global Explorer fares.

Don't know if it'll come to fruition... but I do hope MH ends up in OW at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Assuming the HSBC rewards program in your country have the same points to miles exchange rates for all Enrich, Krisflyer and Asia Miles (as an example, this does not hold true in Malaysia, here Enrich costs a little bit more rewards points per mile to exchange than KF/AM) - I'd put it in Enrich assuming they all had the same rate.
                      My HSBC rewards programme is in Malaysia.. and yes the exchange is a tad higher for Enrich. But not much... 6500 points per 1000 miles on AM/KF and 7500 points towards 1000 ER miles.

Comment

Personally, I would take Enrich. SQ's Fuel taxes are hovering on insanity sometimes, and you will pay more of that since every flight you take will be out from KL. Not to mention the mileage burn ratio is higher on SQ.

AM is good, but again, its based on HK means another round trip to HK or every flight. Not a bad place to fly to, but transits can be painful. The only reason why I would take KF is simply because you are so used to SQ's material comforts that you can't change.
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                          Personally, I would take Enrich. SQ's Fuel taxes are hovering on insanity sometimes, and you will pay more of that since every flight you take will be out from KL. Not to mention the mileage burn ratio is higher on SQ.

AM is good, but again, its based on HK means another round trip to HK or every flight. Not a bad place to fly to, but transits can be painful. The only reason why I would take KF is simply because you are so used to SQ's material comforts that you can't change.
                          I am not based in KUL. I'm more based in SIN than my other base, which is PEN. But travel usually between Europe and Asia. So don't have to choose any particular base.

Comment

Working...
                          X