No announcement yet.

First Class Saver: Post your successful redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ11 NRT-SIN A380 Suites on 4 April 2013.

Comment

After waiting for several days, finally grab 1 seat on:
      SQ2 SIN-HKG B777-300 ER First Saver on 7 Apr 2013.

Tempted to write a trip report as it has been a very long time since I wrote one. Will see about that If I do write, it will cover:
      CX F Lounge at the newly renovated the Wing in HKG
      CX HKG-NRT F
      ANA Suites at NRT
      SQ NRT-SIN Suites
      SIN SKL & TPR
      SQ SIN-HKG F

Comment

Was wondering if any far more experienced people than I could explain the following to me?

Currently booked for 2x return business saver awards SIN-LAX later this year (my wife and I).

I noticed that there is first class saver award availability from SFO-SIN and I called up the call centre to ask how many extra miles it would be to change my return segment from LAX-SIN in J to SFO-SIN in F.

After leaving me on hold for some time, I was told it would be 51,500 miles per passenger (103,000 total) plus $30 odd in taxes. I just can't figure out where they get the 103,000 miles figure from? The difference in booking 2x one-way J saver vs F saver awards is 46,750 miles.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Why don't you ask them to clarify?
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
            Why don't you ask them to clarify?
            I did, but due to what I think was a language barrier, was unable to get a clear response. It was the second time I had called to ask (the first time the agent was unable to see the availability I was talking about and said she would call me back, which never happened). Thought I'd post on here in case anybody knew the answer off the top of their head, I'll call again to clarify further.

Comment

Well, I called back a 3rd time and now I've been told that it cannot be changed by simply adding in additional miles, but the whole award ticket would have to be cancelled and then re-book the flights. Given that the miles used to book the award were expiring, I was told that these would not be returned, therefore making the exercise pointless.

Not sure what to believe now given I've been told 3 different things by 3 people. After spending a long time on hold it all seems too hard, think I'll have to leave my first F experience until another time!

Comment

3 different things by 3 different people?

Time to ask them to put a supervisor on the phone and appeal personally...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  3 different things by 3 different people?

Time to ask them to put a supervisor on the phone and appeal personally...
                  Yep, first person couldn't find the availability I was talking about (even though I had it up in front of me as I was on the phone) and after 10 mins of back and forth on hold, said they would call me back. They never did.

Second person told me it would be 103,000 miles extra and that the ticket would need to be re-issued.

Third person said that it couldn't be done by topping up miles and the whole return award would need to be cancelled and re-booked, however the (now) expired KF miles used to book the award would not be refunded due to them expiring.

I think you're right, I'll probably call one more time and ask to talk to a supervisor so I can get a definitive answer. It seems like if the ticket needs re-issuing that would involve the cancellation of at least the return leg of the current award and if that meant the miles not being refunded, it wouldn't be a worthwhile exercise. But hopefully a supervisor can at least give me a firm answer.

Comment

Next week -- SQ 308 - SIN-LHR. Looking forward to my first Suites experience! Looks like still only 2 in R cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
                      Third person said that it couldn't be done by topping up miles and the whole return award would need to be cancelled and re-booked, however the (now) expired KF miles used to book the award would not be refunded due to them expiring.
                      That's not true. My experience tells otherwise.

Comment

If you have spare miles to play, it could be possible as I did something similar. I booked SIN - CDG round trip initially, only to decide eventually that I want to return from LHR last year.

Tickets were available for LHR-SIN, so I ticketed THAT first (remember, I already have my SIN - CDG - SIN round trip ticket), and I called SQ to break my tickets into a 1 way SIN - CDG. Effectively, they are cancelling my round trip and reissuing it into 1 way SIN - CDG, so it was done rather painlessly. But again, I made it very clear to them what I needed, and how they can do it, so so after some questions, it was done.
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                          If you have spare miles to play, it could be possible as I did something similar. I booked SIN - CDG round trip initially, only to decide eventually that I want to return from LHR last year.

Tickets were available for LHR-SIN, so I ticketed THAT first (remember, I already have my SIN - CDG - SIN round trip ticket), and I called SQ to break my tickets into a 1 way SIN - CDG. Effectively, they are cancelling my round trip and reissuing it into 1 way SIN - CDG, so it was done rather painlessly. But again, I made it very clear to them what I needed, and how they can do it, so so after some questions, it was done.
                          If it helps, I have done the same as inix quite painlessly as well. I had issued a SIN-MUC-SIN on EY and then subsequently realized there is a SIN-MUC in J available. I then called up Krisflyer, told them that i wanted to depart to MUC in J and keep the return sector in Y. The agent told me he was able to do everything for me after a 10min hold and i will get email confirmations in the same day. Effectively, he cancelled my first SIN-MUC-SIN booking and rebooked a SIN-MUC in J and return MUC-SIN in Y, email confirmation received in 3 hours. My miles were redeposited and deducted accordingly and taxes refunded in a few days.

Try calling during the day. The agents i've encountered during the day are far more helpful. Hope this helps!

Comment

Firstly, hello to everyone involved with SQTalk, I only came across this forum recently and finally making my first post.

Anyway back to the topic. I was lucky enough to obtain a first class saver redemption just before christmas last year, I was desperate to fly 'suites' in the A380 from MEL to LHR. I had enough miles for the first class redemption, but each and everytime I checked for a couple of weeks the only redemptions available were on 777 services.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to take the 777 first class rather than A380 suites. Then one day the redemption was available on December 21st on SQ218 and SQ308. A380 all the way through to LHR, In fact 9V-SKH took me all the way through on both sectors.

SQ308 to LHR, I was lucky enough to be the only passenger in Suites. A very nice experience.

Comment

SQ has been good to me.

HKG, LHR flights were confirmed in O class less than 24 hours after waitlist was booked.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                SQ has been good to me.

HKG, LHR flights were confirmed in O class less than 24 hours after waitlist was booked.
                                no problem to get pair of saver F seats to GRU, IAH, SFO, and LHR Suites recently too though looks like GRU has dried up as of now (for a pair of seats)

Waitlist on pair of Suites to/from MEL and HKG also clear 2 weeks before departure as well.

- SQ has been good to us indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X