No announcement yet.

First Class Saver: Post your successful redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff, at least they released it. My SFO-SIN didn't offer F Saver till the last minute even though only 1 of 4 was occupied in the end for the entire flight. Oh well, J was fine, no harm done, more miles left for future redemptions

Comment

• Managed to get 2 SQ26 F Saver for 1 June 2017

Comment

• Anyone booked into Suites on SQ11/12 on or after Oct 23 2016 better watch out as SQ seems to be planning to switch the aircraft from A388 to 773ER (not sure if 77WN with 4F only or 77W still with 8F). Saving grace is a second daily frequency to be introduced between SIN-LAX-SIN (via ICN/NRT), though this leaves JFK as the only North American destination with Suites.

Comment

• Originally posted by jn82 View Post
          Had a confirmed LAX-SIN R saver waitlist come through for myself, but not for my travel partner (with linked PNR), and had been chasing for months for SQ revenue team to push this through.

Went online today and, lo and behold, found 2 open F class SFO-SIN savers open! Called SQ and managed to secure. Pretty lucky to get during peak summer period, but will most likely be on the old F class cabin. Any idea if the non-premium economy 77Ws (with 8x F instead of 4x R seats) will be getting refurb as well?
          Waitlist for 16th Jul (9 days prior) Suites for 2 pax was cleared this morning (7th July) for SQ12 (SIN-LAX). Needed 19th July (11 days prior) for Suites saver to be cleared up (as preferred this over 17th July), so requested and this was also cleared before end of business day. Only "downside" is we won't be side by side in seats C and D, but hey, it is 2 successful Suites redemption's still!

Pretty damn excited for my maiden Suites class long haul to LAX, and to try the new F product long haul back to Singapore.

No KF status. Was holding these waitlists since March.

Comment

• Originally posted by jn82 View Post
            Waitlist for 16th Jul (9 days prior) Suites for 2 pax was cleared this morning (7th July) for SQ12 (SIN-LAX). Needed 19th July (11 days prior) for Suites saver to be cleared up (as preferred this over 17th July), so requested and this was also cleared before end of business day. Only "downside" is we won't be side by side in seats C and D, but hey, it is 2 successful Suites redemption's still!

Pretty damn excited for my maiden Suites class long haul to LAX, and to try the new F product long haul back to Singapore.

No KF status. Was holding these waitlists since March.
            Since March? Did the system drop you from the waitlist after some time and you had to "re-waitlist"?

Comment

• Originally posted by sabian View Post
              Since March? Did the system drop you from the waitlist after some time and you had to "re-waitlist"?
              Nope. I had business waitlists prior to March, but then in early March added on the Suites waitlists (for mid- July flight).

Comment

• I'm trying to upgrade online from J to F for a booking made via a travel agent. Online redemption tries to charge the full standard points without the 15% discount. I rang KF Service Desks and they advised discount cannot be applied to bookings made via a travel agent. T&Cs state:

25. Online Redemption Booking

a. Members who redeem for award tickets online will save 15% off the usual miles required to any Singapore Airlines and SilkAir destination with e-ticketing facilities. Members will also receive this discount for online redemption for upgrades on Singapore Airlines flights booked commercially online. Any change made through KrisFlyer Membership Services, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reservations or ticket offices will render the member's booking ineligible for the discount.

My e-ticket was booked 'commercially online' via a Travel agent...I don't get why the 15% doesn't apply. If 15% discount only applies to online bookings made directly on the SQ website..why not state that in the T&C's rather than the vague wording they have chosen to proceed with? Has anyone experienced the same situation? Any tips for convincing KF Service Desk to apply the 15% discount?

Comment

• Originally posted by Digthatjive View Post
                  I'm trying to upgrade online from J to F for a booking made via a travel agent. Online redemption tries to charge the full standard points without the 15% discount. I rang KF Service Desks and they advised discount cannot be applied to bookings made via a travel agent. T&Cs state:

25. Online Redemption Booking

a. Members who redeem for award tickets online will save 15% off the usual miles required to any Singapore Airlines and SilkAir destination with e-ticketing facilities. Members will also receive this discount for online redemption for upgrades on Singapore Airlines flights booked commercially online. Any change made through KrisFlyer Membership Services, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reservations or ticket offices will render the member's booking ineligible for the discount.

My e-ticket was booked 'commercially online' via a Travel agent...I don't get why the 15% doesn't apply. If 15% discount only applies to online bookings made directly on the SQ website..why not state that in the T&C's rather than the vague wording they have chosen to proceed with? Has anyone experienced the same situation? Any tips for convincing KF Service Desk to apply the 15% discount?
                  Sorry mate but it's quite clear the 15% is only for online transaction on SIA Website by the passenger who login via their KF account. Perhaps there are agent discounts or commissions which why there isn't any discounts

Comment

• Scored a F saver from Tokyo to SIN on 777 and then suites from SIN to SYD.

Not all that impressed with the catering. The wines and food are definitely better on QF. But the service and seat are much better on SQ. Can't have it all I suppose.

I'm not quite sure of the purpose of TPR and F lounge in SIN. All F class pax can get into TPR. So I assume the F lounge is for solitaire pps pax? The food was pretty ordinary inside TPR.. CX Flounge in HKG has much better catering.

The showers have no toilets attached inside TPR. Would have expected more since TPR is at SQ's home port.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                      I'm not quite sure of the purpose of TPR and F lounge in SIN. All F class pax can get into TPR. So I assume the F lounge is for solitaire pps pax? The food was pretty ordinary inside TPR.. CX Flounge in HKG has much better catering
                      Well TPR is only for SQ F and R passengers. All other * alliance pax in F can only use the F lounge.

Comment

• 2 x F saver on SQ2 (SIN-HKG-SFO) in Mar 2017. Initially had booked 2 x J saver but when availability opened up, went down to Ion Office to get them to reticket to F. Took half hour and 15% discount was honored. Notably, the miles for each ticket comes from a different account.

Comment

• Managed to clinch 2x suites saved sin to shanghai. 3 months out. Return j saver on waitlist. Any tips for it to be cleared earlier?

Comment

• Originally posted by sqzulu View Post
                            Managed to clinch 2x suites saved sin to shanghai. 3 months out. Return j saver on waitlist. Any tips for it to be cleared earlier?
                            Hi there, from what I have noticed recently - calling up the KF Contact Centre and sending what they call "chasers" to clear your waitlist do not work at all. The only way you could get the seats is when someone cancels/changes their flight. Encountered the same for my SIN-NRT J Saver upgrade on 7th Dec which was waitlisted since 3 months and cleared only a day prior to departure. However, the same was not the case for the flight from NRT-LAX on the 11th which never cleared up in spite of the numerous calls made. So unfortunately I feel the only thing you could do is wait and hope someone changes their plans

Comment

• Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                              do not work at all
                              I'm not sure I'd agree with this. If you do not have sufficient status with SQ and if you are redeeming on a popular flight during the peak holiday travelling season, then yes sending chasers probably won't work, as understandably you'd be quite far down the pecking order on a nearly full flight. That's just how it works with items that are scarce.

What does work quite reliably is when I redeem a ticket for my partner when I am flying on a paid ticket on the same flight. Usually clears within the same day.

Under other, more general circumstances, I'd say chasers work about 25~50% of the time for me (non-Solitaire PPS for 6 years). One >10-year Solitaire PPS I know claims that he almost always clears his waitlists.

Helps if you have a convincing reason why SQ should open up/release the award seat for you, or let you jump the queue, e.g. if you have confirmed sectors in the same booking and require just that last one to complete the ticket.

So the key is to be flexible with your travel plans -- waitlist as many flights as you can, and consider flying into alternative airports (e.g. MUC instead of FRA).

And avoid December unless you are making plans 355 days out.

Comment

• SQ is already very generous in total awards made available for KF members.

"Chasers" are something that no other airlines would offer to general members and I don't see why SQ should be different.

PPS for 8 years and SQ really tries very hard to help me. I had only one flight that didn't clear and that was from SYD to SIN when all classes of services were fully booked for all flights that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X