Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Y to J

Hi

Is there anyway to know before purchasing a Y return ticket whether an upgrade to J would be possible (even I have enough miles)? Also, if I travel with my parents (they are all nominees), is there anyway to accept an upgrade only if all 3 of us can be upgraded?

Thanks

Upgrades and full redemptions come from the same inventory.

Try making a redemption booking - if seats are available then you can upgrade on those.

Comment

Originally posted by munddr View Post
      Hi

Is there anyway to know before purchasing a Y return ticket whether an upgrade to J would be possible (even I have enough miles)? Also, if I travel with my parents (they are all nominees), is there anyway to accept an upgrade only if all 3 of us can be upgraded?

Thanks
      Call Krisflyer. They are able to advise you and hold the seat while you make arrangement to issue the Y ticket
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Call Krisflyer. They are able to advise you and hold the seat while you make arrangement to issue the Y ticket
        Great! Since it goes through the call centre, will the online discount still apply though?

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by munddr View Post
          Great! Since it goes through the call centre, will the online discount still apply though?

THanks
          I believe there is no on line discount for upgrades.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I have had the discount before.
            I was upgrading one sector of a multi-city itinerary which the website does not allow so I used the call centre.

I think I insisted on it.

The key is always to insist and always emphasize on their imperfect website and their non-functioning online interface.

If one agent refuses, there is always another one.

But what you want seems to be a straight forward upgrade request, so why don't you do it online. You call, check if there are upgrade seats, and issue the eticket immediately and follow up with the upgrade in a matter of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              I was upgrading one sector of a multi-city itinerary which the website does not allow so I used the call centre.
              I second that, I've had the discount before. Calling might sometimes yield unexpected results. The (old) website once gave me an error for upgrading, calling SQ said that I was eligible for some 25% discount instead of the usual 15% (which the agent said as explanation for the website error), I just quickly took it without asking for too much details.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post

I think I insisted on it.

The key is always to insist and always emphasize on their imperfect website and their non-functioning online interface.

If one agent refuses, there is always another one.

But what you want seems to be a straight forward upgrade request, so why don't you do it online. You call, check if there are upgrade seats, and issue the eticket immediately and follow up with the upgrade in a matter of minutes.
                When i was calling to check for upgrade, the inventory is actually run out, since I am calling 2 days (well i was calling on Friday for early Sunday flight), and the agent saw that the C class is rather empty (indeed oly less than 10 of us that morning), she gave it to me.

I guess that may ne the benefit of calling. Human intelligent.
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  I believe there is no on line discount for upgrades.
                  to clarify, I remember not given the discount because the priginal booking was made by TA..... I guess you will be entitled to the discount if the original booking is from SQ website.
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                  X