New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    SMK77 - I already have KF miles, why do I want to spend more money??

I have a question for you - when you use BMI miles for redemption, how much do you have to pay in addition for fuel and airport taxes? How do they compare with SQ's?
    Taxes are the same for any airline. US carrier sometimes waive the fuel surcharge. BMI charges exactly what SQ would charge.

Comment

Seems like Asia Miles is a better option!

Consider SIN-LHR in Business Class on SIA, OneWorld mix carriers & Star Alliance mix carriers: 136000miles, 120000miles & 160000miles!!!

http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/redeem/charts

Comment

Here is the big question, they are offering saver which is great as I have been arguing for years with Sq about the crazy mileage out of the USA, because of the aircraft of 777ER,How many seats will they give you on saver, I have heard its going to be only 1 or 2 max in F , not sure about business, but will be interested in seeing you you can get any seats ,
        I am going to try on 8 March for some seats in Dec for my family, will be interested to see what they give me, from what I was told if I want standard at around 360,000 miles can have them not sure on saver.Hopefully its something in the right direction , now the question is can you get the saver seats

Hopefully they will allow saver

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
          Seems like Asia Miles is a better option!

Consider SIN-LHR in Business Class on SIA, OneWorld mix carriers & Star Alliance mix carriers: 136000miles, 120000miles & 160000miles!!!

http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/redeem/charts
          It's also about availability. Chances to get a seat on BA or QF in Biz from SIN to LHR: close to zero.

Also: earning miles is important. I can generate Krisflyer miles a lot cheaper and faster than Asia Miles.

Lastly: Have you ever called Asia Miles? 60 minutes waiting time is the average.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I tried to avoid European carriers at all costs.
            I say the same for domestic American airlines!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              It's also about availability. Chances to get a seat on BA or QF in Biz from SIN to LHR: close to zero.

Also: earning miles is important. I can generate Krisflyer miles a lot cheaper and faster than Asia Miles.

Lastly: Have you ever called Asia Miles? 60 minutes waiting time is the average.
              Cathay Pacific has a lot of redemption seats available if you book a couple of months in advance. Flight & date change is also free and just a call away as long as you have not checked in your flight. Also CX has one of the best lounges in HKIA...so innovative..

Comment

Ok I have been waiting for these to come out - now I need some advice please.

I have 460,000 FF points from the credit card and want to get the best value to go Business from Syd to Europe or London Return.
                I can redeem on Air NZ, Asia Miles, Malaysian or SQ

What would be the best option

Thanks
                SQ354

Comment

Also CX has one of the best lounges in HKIA...so innovative..
                  One of the best lounges ?, they should have the best lounge, as it's their home base. Just like SQ should have the best lounge in SIN, BA at LHR, LH at FRA, QF at SYD etc...

Comment

Originally posted by motodave View Post
                    Here is the big question, they are offering saver which is great as I have been arguing for years with Sq about the crazy mileage out of the USA, because of the aircraft of 777ER,How many seats will they give you on saver, I have heard its going to be only 1 or 2 max in F , not sure about business, but will be interested in seeing you you can get any seats ,
                    I am going to try on 8 March for some seats in Dec for my family, will be interested to see what they give me, from what I was told if I want standard at around 360,000 miles can have them not sure on saver.Hopefully its something in the right direction , now the question is can you get the saver seats

Hopefully they will allow saver
                    In the good ole days of LAX 744 flights in 2010, they gave out 2 F seats
                    In the good ole days of JFK 744 flights in 2011, they gave out 1 F seat

People don't tend to become more generous over time.
                    I expect only 1 F saver seat released on the long hauls to USA and Europe, perhaps 2 to regional destinations.

So if you are a couple or a family, the effective mileage burnt will have to be 150% of the inflated revised rate.

For now, looks like Europe and Australia are way overvalued. USA and Sao Paulo are a much better deal, esp the latter which has no fuel surcharge. I think I'll be spending my yearly annual vacation in S. America from now on. Oi, Brasil!

Comment

Cathay Pacific has a lot of redemption seats available if you book a couple of months in advance. Flight & date change is also free and just a call away as long as you have not checked in your flight. Also CX has one of the best lounges in HKIA...so innovative..
                      CX's award availability is route dependent, regional flights usually have lots of availability while the long-haul flights are quite limited.

Flight and date change is also free on KF, and seriously, I wouldn't want to call Asia Miles unless it is absolutely necessary. It's a super long wait before you can talk to anyone.

I do agree with you that CX lounge in HK is one of the best, if not the best.

Comment

Can I ask if any non-PPS, non-EG, KF member received the email?

Comment

'Can I ask if any non-PPS, non-EG, KF member received the email?'

Yes, today. Seems no difference for the routes I fly, but can understand the frustration from other FF's

Comment

I don't wanna fly to HKG first when I wanna fly to Europe. Doesn't make much sense. Out of SIN I can fly BA, QF, LH, SQ. I dislike LH. I don't get seats on BA and QF. Leaves me with SQ.

The CX F lounges in HKG are sub-standard. I was visiting them in December and I was shocked: the only thing I liked were the cabana bath rooms. The rest is old and outdated and the 'restaurant' is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ354 View Post
                              Ok I have been waiting for these to come out - now I need some advice please.

I have 460,000 FF points from the credit card and want to get the best value to go Business from Syd to Europe or London Return.
                              I can redeem on Air NZ, Asia Miles, Malaysian or SQ

What would be the best option

Thanks
                              SQ354
                              You are lurking here for two years already... At some point we need to start charging you for the advice.

The only option that makes sense is SQ. Best availability. SYD-Europe is hard to redeem on any other carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                SMK77 - I already have KF miles, why do I want to spend more money??
                                Funny question: Because you were looking for cheaper options. I have a million KF miles and I am not crying...

The answer is: Because BMI flights cost only a fraction of SQ's redemptions.

I would always try to get the BMI redemption first. If they don't have availability but I wanna fly on SQ on a given date, I use KF miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X