• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    Australia NZ (exc Perth and Darwin) has increased too

J Saver: 45,000 - 55,000
    F Saver: 70,000 - 75,000

Except for AKL, the Aussie stations were already overpriced earlier on the old chart considering the relatively short flights there. Now, it becomes even more so, especially for J which is up 20%.
    I am annoyed at this also, but atleast if MEL ends up with all A380's and 77W savers are available, trying to take a positive look on it.

Comment

Its official!

Just got this...

Dear Mr MAN Flyer

Revision of Redemption Award and Upgrade Award Charts, including Extension of Saver Award for First and Business Class to More Flights

Thank you for your continued support for Singapore Airlines. In our regular review to improve the KrisFlyer programme, we will be making revisions to the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award charts. We will also be extending Saver Award for First and Business Class to more flights as part of this upcoming revision.

The changes to the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award charts will include adjustments to Saver, Standard and Full Award levels in selected cabin classes. Some destinations will be re-designated to different zones. These changes will be effective for redemption bookings from 1 March 2012 for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

For more details, please refer to the Revised Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award Chart and Revised Star Alliance Award and Upgrade Award Charts.

We appreciate your invaluable feedback and are pleased to announce that we will also be enhancing our seat award redemption offerings. Currently Saver Award is only available for selected First and Business Class flights. With this improvement, you will be able to redeem Saver Award for First and Business Class on most flights, including First and Business Class on our B777-300ER flights; and Business Class on our A380 and A340-500 flights. This will be available for redemption bookings from 8 March 2012, for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

To find out more, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy the benefits of the KrisFlyer programme. I would like to thank you once again for your support for Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Shirlene Teo
      Manager Loyalty Marketing
      Singapore Airlines

* You can also view the current Singapore Airlines and SilkAir and Star Alliance redemption charts on krisflyer.com

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I redeem Saver Award for Singapore Airlines Suites?
      A: No. Saver Award are currently not available for Singapore Airlines Suites. To redeem for the Singapore Airlines Suites, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services.

Q: When can I redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER?
      A: Starting 8 March 2012 for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

Q: Can I redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER if my departure date is before 1 April 2012?
      A: No. If you are travelling before 1 April 2012, you need to redeem Standard and Full Awards for First and Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER.

Q: Can I redeem round-trip Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER if my departure date is before 1 April 2012 and my return date is on or after 1 April 2012?
      A: You may redeem the round-trip journey as two separate one-way Saver Award. By doing so, you can redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER for your return flight.

Q: If I have already redeemed Standard or Full Awards in First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER before the change, will I be automatically rebooked for Saver Award and be refunded the difference in miles?
      A: You may cancel and refund your Standard or Full Awards redemption, and rebook as Saver Award. Existing refund fees will apply.

Q: What is the validity of the Saver Award?
      A: The validity of Saver Award remains unchanged at 6 months.

Q: How many complimentary stopovers am I entitled to when I redeem one-way or round-trip Saver Award?
      A: The existing complimentary stopover entitlement remains unchanged as shown below.

Fare Type Saver Standard Full

One-way No Stopover 1 Stopover 1 Stopover

Round-trip 1 Stopover 2 Stopovers 2 Stopovers

Validity of Award tickets 6 Months 12 Months 12 Months
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 3 February 2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Just received this by mail.

Revision of Redemption Award and Upgrade Award Charts, including Extension of Saver Award for First and Business Class to More Flights
        Thank you for your continued support for Singapore Airlines. In our regular review to improve the KrisFlyer programme, we will be making revisions to the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award charts. We will also be extending Saver Award for First and Business Class to more flights as part of this upcoming revision.

The changes to the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award charts will include adjustments to Saver, Standard and Full Award levels in selected cabin classes. Some destinations will be re-designated to different zones. These changes will be effective for redemption bookings from 1 March 2012 for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

For more details, please refer to the Revised Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Award and Upgrade Award Chart and Revised Star Alliance Award and Upgrade Award Charts.

We appreciate your invaluable feedback and are pleased to announce that we will also be enhancing our seat award redemption offerings. Currently Saver Award is only available for selected First and Business Class flights. With this improvement, you will be able to redeem Saver Award for First and Business Class on most flights, including First and Business Class on our B777-300ER flights; and Business Class on our A380 and A340-500 flights. This will be available for redemption bookings from 8 March 2012, for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

To find out more, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy the benefits of the KrisFlyer programme. I would like to thank you once again for your support for Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Oh nooo . Star alliance chart is being revised too.

Can the 4 revised charts be found online? I can't find them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Oh nooo . Star alliance chart is being revised too.

Can the 4 revised charts be found online? I can't find them.
            here are the links

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...ts_Mar2012.pdf
            http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...ts_Mar2012.pdf
            http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...Trip_Mar12.pdf
            http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...ades_Mar12.pdf

Comment

Oh goody. This comes in at quite a perfect time for me. At least *A redemptions including SQ in-between will now become more reasonable.

Comment

They pushed the *A saver awards radically up (by as much as a third in some destinations) to match SQ awards for saver. So now those of us who are KF are penalized for taking non-SQ flights. One can say that KF members are "incentivised" to spend our KF miles with SQ.

THIS IS SO BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  They pushed the *A saver awards radically up (by as much as a third in some destinations) to match SQ awards for saver. So now those of us who are KF are penalized for taking non-SQ flights. One can say that KF members are "incentivised" to spend our KF miles with SQ.

THIS IS SO BAD.
                  What's wrong with this? Now that you can book it on A380/77W it is great! Afterall, why would SQ wants to pay other *A members when they better off using their own metal to redeem for flights?! It is long overdue!

Comment

Why bad? Just use *A to book on SQ.

I just booked:

MXP-SIN-HKG

with BMI Miles Plus Cash.

18,750 miles and 600 SGD for cash and taxes.

Business Class. Stop-Over in SIN.

LIKE :-)

PS: No First inventory open yet... Might only happen in April...

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      What's wrong with this? Now that you can book it on A380/77W it is great! Afterall, why would SQ wants to pay other *A members when they better off using their own metal to redeem for flights?! It is long overdue!
                      Previously, I had a much cheaper alternative of taking biz-class LH to Europe, to far more destinations around in the EU. That's what's wrong, Edison.

As an example, it used to cost 120K to London on LH (which has an ok J), it will now cost 160K. As you correctly stated, it is cheaper on SQ metal, but I still need to spend 136K (after 15% discount) on saver (assuming they have seats!). That's 16K more miles, equivalent to more than 1 return trip to London.

To me it's like 10-15 years ago, when Malaysia increased their import duty on foreign cars to promote Proton. ( Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I can't find another better example).

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        Why bad? Just use *A to book on SQ.

I just booked:

MXP-SIN-HKG

with BMI Miles Plus Cash.

18,750 miles and 600 SGD for cash and taxes.

Business Class. Stop-Over in SIN.

LIKE :-)

PS: No First inventory open yet... Might only happen in April...
                        Yes, agree if you have BMI Miles. Bad if you have a ton of KF miles.

Comment

LH has no okay J. Their product is to avoid at any rate.

You can purchase BMI miles for about 0.02 SGD per mile - where is your problem?

Comment

*Alliance Awards return in J from PER to USA used to be 140k and is now 195k. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              LH has no okay J. Their product is to avoid at any rate.

You can purchase BMI miles for about 0.02 SGD per mile - where is your problem?
                              SMK77 - I already have KF miles, why do I want to spend more money??

I have a question for you - when you use BMI miles for redemption, how much do you have to pay in addition for fuel and airport taxes? How do they compare with SQ's?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                Previously, I had a much cheaper alternative of taking biz-class LH to Europe, to far more destinations around in the EU. That's what's wrong, Edison.

As an example, it used to cost 120K to London on LH (which has an ok J), it will now cost 160K. As you correctly stated, it is cheaper on SQ metal, but I still need to spend 136K (after 15% discount) on saver (assuming they have seats!). That's 16K more miles, equivalent to more than 1 return trip to London.

To me it's like 10-15 years ago, when Malaysia increased their import duty on foreign cars to promote Proton. ( Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I can't find another better example).

I stand corrected.
                                But at least SQ J is much better quality than LH J. I guess you win some, and you lose some. You can also see it as inflation. I tried to avoid European carriers at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X