Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    So, for a Saver Award MAN-SIN vv in Raffles:

KF (with it's lower/harder earning rate) is 68,000 miles with the 15% on line discount

DC* (with up to 625% miles earning amongst others) is 30,000 miles + £ 202.50 cash.

Hmm, that's a tricky one. I may need to phone a friend or ask the audience about this...%0
    Except that DC is about to flatline.........

Comment

Originally posted by barbene View Post
      The new award charts are available to view online. Changes are from Zone 11 onwards where Europe is split up into two zones :

Zone 11 : Europe 1 - Amersterdam, Athens, Copehagen, Rome
      Zone 12 : Europe 2 - Barcelona, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Zurich

The split of the zones is obviously based on aircraft deployed rather than any geographical basis.

All Saver award levels remain unchanged but for Zone 11 onwards the Business and First Savers have all increased.

With the revision of destinations by zones and also the change of required miles, I think this pretty much clearly shows the opening up of business and first savers.

One Way Saver Requirements ex Singapore as follows :

Zone 11 - Europe 1
      Business Saver : 60,000
      First Saver : 85,000

Zone 12 - Europe 2
      Business Saver : 80,000
      First Saver : 107,500

Zone 13 - USA West Coast
      Business Saver : 80,000
      First Saver : 107,500

Zone 14 - USA East Coast
      Business Saver : 85,000
      First Saver : 110,000

Zone 15 - South America (Sao Paulo)
      Business Saver : 87,500
      First Saver : 112,500

Cheers
      Neil
      Neil, can you pls point me to the site that's showing this? Thanks.

Comment

Based on the previous charts, the one-way biz savers for Europe 1, has gone up by 5,000 and for Europe 2 (excl. UK), it has gone up by a whopping 25,000 miles. UK and USWC has gone up by 20,000 miles. USEC up by 17,500 miles. Sao Paulo up 18,000.

Of course, there weren't any biz savers in many of the above routes previously. Should I be happy?

Need to look at the upgrade and standard charts first.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Except that DC is about to flatline.........
          Not sure what happened there, I deleted my '*' note and the last line. Now fixed.

Comment

Folks, are we jumping the gun ASSUMING that Savers WILL be available in F/C?

Its just new charts BUT there's nothing to say the above....

Comment

Isn't AMS changing over the 77W? Suprised that it is under Europe 1 rather than Europe 2...

Comment

but where is the chart?

Link please.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Folks, are we jumping the gun ASSUMING that Savers WILL be available in F/C?
                  We are not jumping the gun. Insiders from SQ have confirmed that there will be both Saver Awards for Krisflyer and also *A awards for partners in both F and J on 77W and J on A380.

Comment

Just got off the line with Krisflyer agent.

I submitted a waitlist booking and the agent said that for now, no way that the waitlist will clear but next month, when saver awards are available on the 77W, it will be cleared using the revised chart.

It is affirmative that there will be a revised chart, and that saver awards will be available on the 77W.

I also note that there are no F seats to AMS (both as commercial or redemption bookings). Are they blocking the F seats during the flight or using them for top-tier biz class pax?
                    Last edited by SQueeze; 2 February 2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

All Saver award levels remain unchanged but for Zone 11 onwards the Business and First Savers have all increased.
                      Some others have increased, I know South Asia has increased for sure
                      J 32,500 -> 35,000
                      F 47,500 -> 50,000

and Hong Kong was 25k in J, but is now 27.5k. Certainly not a large increase but it has changed

Edit: http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...ts_Mar2012.pdf
                      Edit2: For flights from 1 April not 1 March, but it will be active I guess on 1 March, and also no information about no redemption on Suites, but does anyone know if that is also changinig or will it remain a class beyond reach

Comment

Australia NZ (exc Perth and Darwin) has increased too

J Saver: 45,000 - 55,000
                        F Saver: 70,000 - 75,000

Except for AKL, the Aussie stations were already overpriced earlier on the old chart considering the relatively short flights there. Now, it becomes even more so, especially for J which is up 20%.

Comment

Zone 11 : Europe 1 - Amersterdam, Athens, Copehagen, Rome
                          Zone 12 : Europe 2 - Barcelona, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Zurich

The split of the zones is obviously based on aircraft deployed rather than any geographical basis.
                          That would be really strange as aircraft type changes - eg AMS will be switching to the 77W from July/Aug. Does that mean that AMS will turn into Euro2 then? And what if a 77W or 380 gets substituted with an older product - do we get a refund of miles?

A silly, silly move if that is so.

Perhaps other factors are considered - eg load, popularity...

The Euro - zoning seems as screwed-up as the current website.

I wonder how they will reconcile this with the different zoning used by A* partners.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                            Perhaps other factors are considered - eg load, popularity...

The Euro - zoning seems as screwed-up as the current website.

I wonder how they will reconcile this with the different zoning used by A* partners.
                            My guess too. The destinations in the Euro 1 zone seem less heavy on premium traffic. Places in the USA like LAX/SFO etc. look cheap for J/F redemption in comparison to Europe (esp. Euro 2) now.

If other *A carriers will rezone award charts is to be seen but I highly doubt it. If SQ would want to charge them more for a seat from FRA to SIN then AMS to SIN then maybe some FFPs would consider a booking surcharge a la LH F with BD (extra 10K or so). But still not likley I think.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                              If other *A carriers will rezone award charts is to be seen but I highly doubt it. If SQ would want to charge them more for a seat from FRA to SIN then AMS to SIN then maybe some FFPs would consider a booking surcharge a la LH F with BD (extra 10K or so). But still not likley I think.
                              The cost for awards between airlines has nothing to do with the pricing presented to customers. As far as I know, airlines pay a fixed sum per mile flown.

SQ would get more money from e.g. LH for SIN-AMS then they would get for SIN-FRA. Yet, SQ can charge Krisflyer members anything they want.

Comment

Also, will they change the partner awards, otherwise you could get 70k SIN-USA one way in J, without the 15% but still!

Comment

Working...
                                X