Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade redemption on reconfigured 773 (regional)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade redemption on reconfigured 773 (regional)?

I have a quick question - I am flying SIN - HND on a reconfigured (regional) 773. I am in business and am thinking of burning some upgrade vouchers with i have with LH on a star alliance upgrade. Does the reconfigured regional 773 allow a saver (star alliance) upgrade from c to f.... any insight would be most welcome???????

Unfortunately nope... 773 refurbished does offer c saver but not F saver.

Comment

Originally posted by aagan View Post
      Unfortunately nope... 773 refurbished does offer c saver but not F saver.
      tks i found it out in the meantime... once all planes have been refurbished there will be no saver awards for F and only very few for C --> to be honest Singapore Airlines is a disgrace when it comes to redemption of premium class seats - even for their own FFP member standard and full award redemptions rates are ridiculous.

it is hilarious -
      SQ prefers to fly empty in First than to open up one or two redemptions... i hope that at one stage they will be forced to swallow their pride... for my part i start to move my business away from SQ to other Star carriers and Qatar Airways....

Comment

Originally posted by ThWilmesi View Post
        tks i found it out in the meantime... once all planes have been refurbished there will be no saver awards for F and only very few for C --> to be honest Singapore Airlines is a disgrace when it comes to redemption of premium class seats - even for their own FFP member standard and full award redemptions rates are ridiculous.

it is hilarious -
        SQ prefers to fly empty in First than to open up one or two redemptions... i hope that at one stage they will be forced to swallow their pride... for my part i start to move my business away from SQ to other Star carriers and Qatar Airways....
        Off topic but i noticed last year that on the official SQ facebook page they posted that they are looking into savers for the new J and F seats. Not sure what if anything will happen just reporting what i saw

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          Off topic but i noticed last year that on the official SQ facebook page they posted that they are looking into savers for the new J and F seats. Not sure what if anything will happen just reporting what i saw
          Lets cross fingers - I think they gonna have to look into this - because with all the refurbishment and new planes coming in where will you be able to redeem premium class seats in F and C now that the 747-400 are gone. If they do not change - this would make Kris flyer program probably one of the worst in STar alliance in matter of redemption possibilities and rates which it is already now IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by ThWilmesi View Post
            I have a quick question - I am flying SIN - HND on a reconfigured (regional) 773. I am in business and am thinking of burning some upgrade vouchers with i have with LH on a star alliance upgrade. Does the reconfigured regional 773 allow a saver (star alliance) upgrade from c to f.... any insight would be most welcome???????
            Are you sure that your LH upgrade vouchers can be used on any *A airline rather than something like just LH and LX? You should be able to use miles for a *A upgrade, but upgrade instruments are generally only valid on that airline and closely related special partners. For example, UA SWUs can be used on UA and CO, plus on LH at the airport with the paper version, but not on any other carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
              Are you sure that your LH upgrade vouchers can be used on any *A airline rather than something like just LH and LX?
              Yes the eVouchers can be used for most of the *A airlines including SQ.

Comment

Working...
              X