Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeeming SQ flights on *A partners

Hi everyone

I'm kinda new here so please do bear with my incoherence . Just a question about redeeming on SQ. From what I've seen around the forums here, you can redeem using miles from a *A account (for example BD Diamond Club) for 50% of what SQ charges for its Krisflyer members (i.e. the "Saver" amount on "Standard" flights). Can this be done? And are seats readily available for partner airlines.

The second part of my question would be: Can I credit my QPP $$ into my account and my miles into a separate account (such as Diamond Miles) to maximize them and if so, how would you do that (through a travel agent for example)?

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Joel

Yes to both questions. Actually if you use the Cash+Miles feature of BD, its a 1/4...)

Put your other *A account as the main ie FQTV line and your KF in the secondary. ie FQTS.

BTW, BD DC is expected to be gone within the next few months

Comment

The trick might be getting award inventory on SQ flights you want using miles from BD. There can be award seats that are only available with SQ miles.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
        The trick might be getting award inventory on SQ flights you want using miles from BD. There can be award seats that are only available with SQ miles.
        There are plenty of SQ premium seats available using BD miles that are not available using my Krisflyer miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          There are plenty of SQ premium seats available using BD miles that are not available using my Krisflyer miles.
          How come?

I have tried to use my UA miles to redeem SQ J for 2 seats, requested for a year, only one is avaliable..........................Route (HKG-SIN-DPS)
          I needa buy one finally............

Comment

Originally posted by famous_teacher View Post
            How come?

I have tried to use my UA miles to redeem SQ J for 2 seats, requested for a year, only one is avaliable..........................Route (HKG-SIN-DPS)
            I needa buy one finally............
            From my searching, SQ only open up a maximum of 2 J seats for *A partners. I only book the 2 seats together if I see availability of the 2 J seats and I'm also flexible in changing my travel dates to suit the availability.

Comment

Depends on which *A program you're on. As S25 said, BD has good access. UA has Starnet block so its UA's own limitation, not SQ...

Comment

Working...
              X