Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time for redemption confirmation

Hello.

I have requested a Business saver redemption flying AMS-SYD one way. The first sector is confirmed and I am waitlisted for the SIN-SYD leg.

In your experience, how long have you waited to get a final confirmation?

The flight is not until 30 Sep and if I need to buy the flight then I would like to do so while prices are still reasonable.

Thanks, pollywaffle.

I'm afraid it's never a given that they even final confirm you. It's entirely up to their descretion, although having status sometimes can help.

Comment

I have had waitlists confirm within 2-3 days or after a week. But I also have two cases currently pending where I made the redemption request almost 350 days out and now 5 months later they are still pending for flights in Aug 2012 (two Eco savers from DPS). All you can do is hope and keep your fingers crossed. It may only clear much closer to departure (say a week or less) or never so thinking about back up plans is a necessary evil.

Comment

OK. Thanks.

I am not travelling until September, so if nothing comes of it a few months out, I will buy a ticket.

Bizarrely, the sector I am waitlisted for is an available sector when I search for flights leaving from other European cities. In those cases, however, the sector to SIN is not. You just can't win sometimes. :-)

Comment

Waitlisting is touch and go. There were cases my waitlist cleared immediately, and at other times, not cleared....
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I have to add, sometimes when you receive an email informing you that your waitlist has cleared, that is not actually the fact as it can be a technical glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
              I have to add, sometimes when you receive an email informing you that your waitlist has cleared, that is not actually the fact as it can be a technical glitch.
              Yikes! Talk about getting your hopes up.

Comment

Try again several times online to book. Several things may happen (as I have found out).

1. The waitlisted sector opens up but your confirmed sector gets waitlisted (new PNR)
                2. Everything goes haywire and you get an error message (quite likely)

Then you call Krisflyer up and request nicely that they help you. In the first case, they may manually help you tie the two sectors together as a new booking.

In the second, they may work something out that you can't do online.

In any case, because of the website errors you encounter, they will offer you the 15% discount as per online booking (remember to ask for it).

Worked for me several times the last few months.

Comment

Good news! Confirmation for the waitlisted sector came through.

I did call Krisflyer to ask about the booking and was advised to wait a bit longer and they would have someone take a look at my request.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

In a recent case, I discovered that what was shown as waitlisted online was seen by the call agent as available and my tickets were issued offline with online discount.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      In a recent case, I discovered that what was shown as waitlisted online was seen by the call agent as available and my tickets were issued offline with online discount.
                      And a better case, what was seen as Not Available in First Saver on the SIN-JFK route a couple of weeks before departure (this year) was seen as available by the agent. I just called to book Thai and SQ F instead, but was glad to have been offered that

Comment

Working...
                      X