a little confused with my redemption "booking"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little confused with my redemption "booking"

I just booked my return flight SIN-MAN in September yesterday night.

thing is, I have to get back at the latest comfortably in UK on the 15th of September. (my uni restarts on the 17th) however the flight leaving SIN on 14/9/12 was unavailable for saver redemption, only waitlist. However the one leaving SIN on 15/9/12 was available. Hence I waitlisted the flight on the 14/9 as first choice and went ahead and booked the one leaving on 15/9.

At the payment stage, the website then proceeded to say that "my waitlisted flight is now confirmed" and prompted me to pay for the taxes and surcharges which I did. after payment was confirmed, the website then said there was a "problem with the website" and they will process the ticketing offline and send me an email confirming that.

Today, I used the 6 digit booking code and to my horror I was "waitlisted" and not ticketed for either the 14/9 or the 15/9 flight.
    I then called up the call center and enquired as to why I was charged even though I was not ticketed on either flight. (They have yet to debit the 29,750 points though)

They then went on to say that they will put my waitlist as priority as the person whom i'm using the points (my dad) is a kf elite gold.

my questions are:
    were they supposed to charge me the 200 odd singapore dollars in tax/surcharge even though im not ticketed?

how likely is it that i will get the 14/9 flight?(i am confirmed for the 15/9 flight-11/9 through 14/9 are all waitlist only)

if i were to change and said i'd like to fly SIN-LHR instead, is there a charge to change the booking? since I only proceeded to pay as the website mentioned that I was "confirmed" for the 14/9 flight?

cheers
    Last edited by isaac; 12 January 2012, 11:17 PM.

why can't they refund you with the charges?
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      why can't they refund you with the charges?
      apparently I am considered as "ticketed" and hence will have to pay a penalty should I cancel this booking.

Comment

update: my wait listed flight had been confirmed. the old booking was refunded and I paid for the new confirmed flight.

Comment

Working...
        X