Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin Australia/Singapore Airlines commence FFP cooperation (and MI flies to DRW!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Australia/Singapore Airlines commence FFP cooperation (and MI flies to DRW!)

And it begins!

- Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines will commence frequent flyer cooperation on 20th December. More details of scope on the Velocity Frequent Flyer site soon http://virginaustralia.com/velocity (and I'd expect the same on KrisFlyer's site).

- SilkAir to commence 4 x weekly SIN-DRW services from 26th March 2012. Virgin Australia will complement these services with a daily SYD-DRW service from 2nd April 2012.

- Virgin Australia to open a new lounge in DRW for eligible Virgin Australia guests as well as those of its alliance partners.

- Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines will commence codesharing on each other's services in early 2012.

Further details available at the Virgin Australia blog:
    http://blog.virginaustralia.com/dest...lyer-benefits/
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

great news indeed!

I think DRW people will be thrilled by the news - finally a full service airline is on offer for them. They've had to put up with Jetstar and previously Tiger.

Comment

What are the chances of Virgin Australia joining Star Alliance??

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
        What are the chances of Virgin Australia joining Star Alliance??
        I think its only a matter of time. They have already hinted that an alliance is "on the radar, just not a priority"

Comment

Didn't SQ fly to DRW a long time ago? I remember flying there for a holiday on SQ many years ago. Loved the fauna there - I think it was winter so the weather was quite good for at least the first half of the day.

The flight did a stopover in DRW and then flew onwards to either Cairns or Brisbane if my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

http://www.cnngo.com/sydney/visit/je...ainment-249292

would love to see Silkair offer Apple Ipad 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab for flights longer than 3 hours which can serve as our personal inflight entertainment for free in the future

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Didn't SQ fly to DRW a long time ago? I remember flying there for a holiday on SQ many years ago. Loved the fauna there - I think it was winter so the weather was quite good for at least the first half of the day.

The flight did a stopover in DRW and then flew onwards to either Cairns or Brisbane if my memory serves me correctly.
              Yep, it was operated by A310s on the SIN-DRW-CNS route.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I'm still a bit naive about FF programs... Does this mean it's getting likely that I might be able to redeem domestic flights on Virgin Australia using my KF miles?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  I'm still a bit naive about FF programs... Does this mean it's getting likely that I might be able to redeem domestic flights on Virgin Australia using my KF miles?
                  Correct. You can earn and burn KF miles on VA/DJ from 20 Dec as well as enjoy other status benefits if eligible, over and above lounge access which has already been implemented.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yay! Now I can earn status credits towards velocity plat next year!
                    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                      Yep, it was operated by A310s on the SIN-DRW-CNS route.
                      There was another routing in the 1990s. I flew on SQ235 to BNE with a stopover in DRW in 1990. It was operated by the B747-312 Combi then.

Comment

is there anywhere yet where we can see hom much Krisflyer miles accrue for the fare classes on VAustralia yet?

Comment

Earn (and burn) KrisFlyer points on Virgin Australia flights

Starting next week (Dec 20th), you'll be able to earn and burn KrisFlyer points with Virgin Australia as part of the new Virgin/SQ alliance (reciprocal lounge access is already available, codesharing expected to start early next year).

http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austr...nt-flyer-share

Comment

The Velocity website has been partially updated with information for Velocity members. A fuller update will occur by the 20th of December.

Not sure what's happening with the KrisFlyer website but it too should be updated around the go-live date.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              Not sure what's happening with the KrisFlyer website ...
                              Now that's an understatement.

Comment

Working...
                              X