Amex PPS Club Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Voucher

Hi, I received the voucher and am thinking of using it. Anyone has any idea how i could utilise it? Do i call american express or Krisflyer directly? Seems it doesnt say in the Voucher, it just states the T and C.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyman View Post
      Hi, I received the voucher and am thinking of using it. Anyone has any idea how i could utilise it? Do i call american express or Krisflyer directly? Seems it doesnt say in the Voucher, it just states the T and C.

Many thanks
      If you were to read the voucher carefully, you would have noticed this line:

"Please call KrisFlyer Membership Services at (65) 6789 8111 to claim this offer"

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyman View Post

Many thanks
        And you'd better hurry, I think the vouchers expire this year (or at least mine does) and departure has to be before the end of the year. AND you need to call Krisflyer *at least* 3 days in advance so they can clear it with Amex.
        ________
        Avandia law
        Last edited by oblivious; 10 March 2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Just to update, I am still using this card. I was charged an annual fee but a quick call to Amex and the annual fees have been waived.

Comment

I've heard about the mystical Amex PPS Credit Card. For a Kris Flyer Nothing, not even Elite Silver, like myself this card is the epitome of prestige

Do you guys get a second look (perhaps one of envy or awe) when you take it out of your wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
              Do you guys get a second look (perhaps one of envy or awe) when you take it out of your wallet?
              Nope, never, at least speaking personally. A credit card is a credit card, in my estimation...

Besides, there are a few out there that are far more exclusive than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                Nope, never, at least speaking personally. A credit card is a credit card, in my estimation...

I am afraid you didn't get the irony in the previous post... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  I am afraid you didn't get the irony in the previous post... :-)
                  Now I do...

Comment

right..

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post

Besides, there are a few out there that are far more exclusive than this one.

you're right.
                      there used to be a time when platinum cards were a symbol of success/wealth/well hungness, but now they're a dime a dozen. Take normal AMEX platinum status for instance. The entry level AMEX platinum is openly advertised all over the place. I think the entry requirement is 30k? (correct me if im wrong) Heck, there are many so called platinum cards out there which entry requirements are no different from any non platinum ones.

nice design though. we must hide it from the serfs!

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
                        you're right.
                        there used to be a time when platinum cards were a symbol of success/wealth/well hungness, but now they're a dime a dozen. Take normal AMEX platinum status for instance. The entry level AMEX platinum is openly advertised all over the place. I think the entry requirement is 30k? (correct me if im wrong) Heck, there are many so called platinum cards out there which entry requirements are no different from any non platinum ones.

nice design though. we must hide it from the serfs!
                        Actually Amex is one of the few card issuers to maintain some standard in its plat cards. Entry level card requires 50k annual income. I still remember, I was initially just a few thousand short and they still rejected me.

Unlike POSB... its Everyday card is a plat card

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                          Actually Amex is one of the few card issuers to maintain some standard in its plat cards. Entry level card requires 50k annual income. I still remember, I was initially just a few thousand short and they still rejected me.

oh 50k! yes that makes way more sense 30k seemed too low.

it's the downfall of platinum isn't it? i'm just a student, but I have a UOB NOW Debit card which says quite nicely in the top right hand corner: PLATINUM. Call me a snob, but that made me laugh. Oh and a Capitacard which also says PLATINUM. So yes! I own a mastercard and visa platinum! high society here i come!

im surprised they rejected you though, i thought those limits were just guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post

Amex is everything but consistent. Platinum cards used to be "on invitation only" but existing card holders could "inquire" to get invited for a fee. Finally, both was waived and even newbies were able to apply for Platinum. The income threshold is not fixed.

Amex Singapore is cheating on customers as they market the term "Platinum" pretty aggressively - only the American Express Platinum Charge Card has all the features that come with the "true" Platinum Card (e.g. Gold Membership with Starwood, access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program). All other cards are just misleading - I was pretty upset when I found out that the "Platinum Reserve Card" is one of these fake Platinum cards without the "real" Platinum features. Amex got a call and lost a customer - and Citibank is making heaps of money instead on my spendings :-)

Comment

I would think there isn't really much difference between all the credit cards nowadays unless you're at the very top eg Visa Infinite and AMEX Centurion/ Plat Charge. And even then Visa Infinite is just a very nice glossy card with very few actual privileges. Their idea of lounge access is a priority pass card (admittedly they give you the higher tier membership which lets you access the lounges for free unlike the usual priority pass which charges a fee for lounge use- ON TOP of your membership fee!) AMEX Centurion I have no idea and will probably never know.

Amex really is going all out in their platinum marketing. I was under the impression that platinum reserve was still alright, but apparently not. Maybe it's a step towards centurion!

Comment

well... it's just a credit card after all. a means of transaction (i assume most of us in this forum are not revolvers), with some nice perks and freebies. i declined an upgrade to Reserve as I was quite happy with entry level Plat - i only wanted the Feed @ Raffles card. Didn't want to pay a few hundred a year just to use limited facilities at 2 country clubs.

Anyway, the Reserve was marketed as a cut above entry level Plat, but never as The Card.

Comment

Working...
                                X