Amex PPS Club Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
    Anyway, the Reserve was marketed as a cut above entry level Plat, but never as The Card.
    The Reserve was actually marketed as "The Card" with a minimum income of above 150.000 SGD a year - I was assuming I would even get something better than the Platinum Charge Card but I was dead-wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      The Reserve was actually marketed as "The Card" with a minimum income of above 150.000 SGD a year - I was assuming I would even get something better than the Platinum Charge Card but I was dead-wrong...
      It's only the middle-ranking card in their "triumvirate" of plat cards?

Comment

it's supposed to be middle ground of sorts. insofar as $150k a year is middle ground.

Comment

AMEX PPS - New Card Design

The AMEX PPS card is now coming with a new design modeling after the new design of the PPS card. The base color remains silver as the old design with a blue American Express logo on the lower right corner.

The new published benefits are:
          - complimentary 10,000 KrisFlyer miles when we spend S$ 50,000 from 1 May to 31 Dec 2009 with the card.
          - double KrisFlyer miles reward on Singapore Airlines ticket purchases online
          - Up to 35,000 KrisFlyer miles when we renew our card membership for a second year.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            The AMEX PPS card is now coming with a new design modeling after the new design of the PPS card. The base color remains silver as the old design with a blue American Express logo on the lower right corner.
            UMD, I could imagine it but any pics?

Ignore : Received flyer.
            Last edited by SQFAN; 22 April 2009, 03:39 AM. Reason: Update - what else? :P

Comment

- complimentary 10,000 KrisFlyer miles when we spend S$ 50,000 from 1 May to 31 Dec 2009 with the card.
              The generosity of this one takes my breath away... Spend $50k and you get just enough miles for a Y Saver redemption to CGK/DPS, OR something like 5%, give-or-take, of the miles required for a 77W/A380 J redemption to somewhere longhaul.

Comment

i was actually wondering which card was best for earning miles. right now it seems like a tie between dbs altitude card and uob visa infinite.

Comment

Hi Mad Max
                  Shouldn't the Citi Premiermiles be in the list as well?

One thing to note about cards that "reward" you with points for every $5 charged. You may be "shortchanged" if you charged $69 to your card.

Cards that reward you 1.2 miles for every dollar sounds like a fairer deal rather than those that give you 1 mile for every $0.83 charged.

Comment

The new published benefits are:
                    - double KrisFlyer miles reward on Singapore Airlines ticket purchases online
                    - Up to 35,000 KrisFlyer miles when we renew our card membership for a second year.
                    Are they replacing all current card holders with the new card and benefits? I didn't recieve any mailer on this.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                      Hi Mad Max
                      Shouldn't the Citi Premiermiles be in the list as well?

One thing to note about cards that "reward" you with points for every $5 charged. You may be "shortchanged" if you charged $69 to your card.

Cards that reward you 1.2 miles for every dollar sounds like a fairer deal rather than those that give you 1 mile for every $0.83 charged.
                      yeah i forgot about citi. what i dislike is the way many card issuers market their cards. DBS Altitude proudly claims 1 mile for $0.83 charged, then put in small print that this is for OVERSEAS purchases/selected boutiques. How often are we going to be overseas anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                        Are they replacing all current card holders with the new card and benefits? I didn't recieve any mailer on this.
                        Received mine yesterday. The flyer is very presentable.

Felt that the new design look more stylish...

Comment

wow looks good.... but thats not yr actual card right? i'm guessing its not as there are quite a few 0's in the center there. But just in case it is....hope u changed some details there for your safety.

Comment

Hi SJJ

May be a gd idea to blank out your card no./ name and CVV code?
                            It is the WWW.

Comment

Deleting post till Superjonjon can address.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                                wow looks good.... but thats not yr actual card right? i'm guessing its not as there are quite a few 0's in the center there. But just in case it is....hope u changed some details there for your safety.
                                Originally posted by sabian View Post
                                Hi SJJ

May be a gd idea to blank out your card no./ name and CVV code?
                                It is the WWW.
                                Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                Deleting post till Superjonjon can address.
                                Thanks everyone for your concern but that was William Lee's card. William lee is a really popular guy with SQ, he seems to have all the cards SQ has(KF Blue, KF Silver, KF Gold, QPP, TPP, LPP, KF Amex Gold, KF Amex PPS). His name and KF number appears on all SQ product brochures.

Comment

Working...
                                X