Infant redemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infant redemptions

Can anyone advise what happens in the case of a infant under 2 travelling when you are on a award ticket? do you need to redeem points for the infant as well and if so is it the same number of points? I cant find info on this so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sadly for KF, yes you need to redeem at the same value or pay 10% of the FULL FARE ticket.

Many *A carriers do not need you to pay anything other than taxes/surcharges.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, seems a steep but thats the way it is. Can you clarify if the 10% of adult fare is of the total incuding taxes? Exaomple fare is 4500 + 500 tax being $5,000 so total infnt cost would be $500?
      Also can you still reedem your points booking online and then just phone singapore and purchase the infant booking? so you still get the 15% online discount?

Thanks in advance

Comment

It 10% of the fare ie 4500 + whatever the taxes ares.

Yes, just book online as per normal and then call SQ reservations; not KF; to add your infant booking.

Comment

Thanks 9V-JKL, just one thing does the same apply if booking om other star alliance carriers via KF redemtions?

Thanks again

Comment

I am not sure about other *A carriers but I presume so. My infant redemptions on SQ were all via BD miles.

Comment

What I did was to do online redemptions for my wife and myself. And I called KF to do booking for my daughter when she was under 2.

It's more worthwhile to pay for infant fare rather than using the miles to redeem cos you need to redeem in full for infant as well.

Comment

Working...
              X