Too much flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    The best meals aren't made by LSG Skychef or Do & Co. They're made in your kitchen.
    Sorry had to disagree with this (at least speaking for myself).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      I hope mrs StarG doesn't read SQTalk

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

Comment

Anyway back to topic, indeed there can be such a thing as 'too much flying'.
          I find myself way less eager to travel long hauls nowadays.

Comment

The best seat of all? The one in your living room.
            The best lounge? The one in your house where you can kick back and sit around with your feet up or dance around like no one's watching.
            The best beds? They're not on SQ A380's, they're in your bedroom.
            The best meals aren't made by LSG Skychef or Do & Co. They're made in your kitchen.

The further and farther wide I roam, the more I miss home.
            You are a poet at heart, SQflyergirl!

Comment

Not for me. I'm still at the point in my life where I'm tied down and can do whatever I want, whenever I want. I try to use every available day off to travel for leisure.

Comment

This came earlier than most probably, but I guess I can understand. Even flying for holidays is tiring, which is why I almost never do short holidays these days. I never came to the point of doing as much flights to many of you, but doing just 5-8 flights in 1 month is bad enough for me.

I don't really mind holidays (who actually do), but I wouldn't fly 12 hours for a 4 day trip out just because of cheap tickets. That to me isn't a holiday. Its torture. I used to fly primarily Y, and these days primarily J. Many people are envious about what I do. I take flights more often than I take buses / public trains (I think many of us here do). At some point in time, I even fly more than I drive within Singapore. And yet, whatever the class, no matter the flight time, the only time that I am really happy on the flight, is when my spouse is besides me (long family holiday), or when SQ Girl announces Welcome home.
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

And SQFG puts its best.

The best bed is the one at home.
                  The best meal is the one made at home.

No matter what class of hotels I stay, nothing beats home and no matter how much / how good the food in the location I am at, nothing beats the simple noodle that my wife can whip up in 10 minutes
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I've got a 28,000 mile journey starting this weekend - can't really complain with MH F to kick things off, and a side trip to Moscow as an appetiser, with my sisters. Been looking forward to the trip to spend some time with them for ages, but just looking at my itinerary's already got me a little bit dreading it...........

For those interested:

KUL-LHR MH
                    LHR-DME BD
                    DME-LHR BD
                    LHR-TXL BD
                    TXL-ZRH LX
                    ZRH-JFK LX
                    JFK-IST TK
                    IST-ZRH LX
                    ZRH-LCY LX
                    LCY-GVA LX
                    GVA-IST TK
                    IST-KUL MH

Comment

I've got a 28,000 mile journey starting this weekend - can't really complain with MH F to kick things off, and a side trip to Moscow as an appetiser, with my sisters. Been looking forward to the trip to spend some time with them for ages, but just looking at my itinerary's already got me a little bit dreading it...........

For those interested:

KUL-LHR MH
                      LHR-DME BD
                      DME-LHR BD
                      LHR-TXL BD
                      TXL-ZRH LX
                      ZRH-JFK LX
                      JFK-IST TK
                      IST-ZRH LX
                      ZRH-LCY LX
                      LCY-GVA LX
                      GVA-IST TK
                      IST-KUL MH
                      That's one nice long holiday, with a crazy itinerary ! I can't wait to fly to IST in 2 weeks time for a well-deserved break with my dear wife. Very simple, one flight there, one flight back.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        That's one nice long holiday, with a crazy itinerary ! I can't wait to fly to IST in 2 weeks time for a well-deserved break with my dear wife. Very simple, one flight there, one flight back.
                        To be fair I'm squeezing in a bit of work too.

Comment

For those interested:

KUL-LHR MH
                          LHR-DME BD
                          DME-LHR BD
                          LHR-TXL BD
                          TXL-ZRH LX
                          ZRH-JFK LX
                          JFK-IST TK
                          IST-ZRH LX
                          ZRH-LCY LX
                          LCY-GVA LX
                          GVA-IST TK
                          IST-KUL MH
                          Havent seen a TR from you in a while... Will we have the honor of seeing one?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                            I'm still at the point in my life where I'm tied down and can do whatever I want, whenever I want.
                            Tied down and yet able to do what you want. You have a very accommodating ... um ... partner, globetrekker84.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Having landed a new gig up here, I am in the middle of relocating to BNE and currently find myself commuting between MEL and BNE on a weekly basis. This pattern of travel is set to continue for the next year or so, or whenever the OH finds a job up here, whichever is earlier.

Whilst I don't travel nearly as much as someone like Ryan Bingham (nor do I aspire to do so!), this is the most I've ever travelled frequency-wise.

Pity staff travel earn neither points or status credits. So whilst my flying has increased, all FF status I currently have will actually be decreasing correspondingly.

Agree that one's perspective of 'too much flying' will mostly be dependent on purpose of travel.
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 26 October 2011, 09:09 AM.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                                Havent seen a TR from you in a while... Will we have the honor of seeing one?
                                I doubt it's an honor at all. Just the unintelligible ramblings of a mad woman.....

Comment

Working...
                                X