Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did KrisFlyer stop offering Companion Award?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did KrisFlyer stop offering Companion Award?

I hadn't been using any companion award since 2007, but recently, after the new web site launched, I still couldn't find the Companion Award chart, can anyone else let me know that whether SQ had forfeited that long ago...!

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
    I hadn't been using any companion award since 2007, but recently, after the new web site launched, I still couldn't find the Companion Award chart, can anyone else let me know that whether SQ had forfeited that long ago...!
    Companion Award? Are you sure? On SQ? Really?

Never heard of that in relation to SQ. The only companion award I know of is for LH HONs and LH SENs who can take a companion with them on the same routing for 50% of the mileage (for the second person) on LH Group integrated carriers (LH, OS, LX, LO, etc.).
    Last edited by demue; 28 July 2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
      Companion Award? Are you sure? On SQ? Really
      Of course, I had been using Companion redemption since 2000, with my dad, my mom, my brother, & my wife. But since after 2007 I had been traveling a lot on business but almost none on leisure, & their schedule couldn't fit it into mine, that's why they hadn't been together with me. But now since I want to redeem a Business Class Companion Award for the SIN<=>HKG in Jan 2012 for our last 744 flight, just can't find the chart under the new web-site...

Comment

I don't know, but I think you just want to redeem for a nominee, which requires the same miles as yourself

Comment

Yeah, it looks like they quietly removed the companion award sometime in the last few years.

demue, this was a award redeemed in conjunction with a paid ticket - different from the M&M companion awards.

Comment

It ended in 2007.

The then companion tickets was issued on condition that the companion has to travel on an identical itinerary as the person on the paid ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              Yeah, it looks like they quietly removed the companion award sometime in the last few years.

demue, this was a award redeemed in conjunction with a paid ticket - different from the M&M companion awards.
              The wonders of KF. So back in the old (okay very old) days when the 747s where new and SpaceBeds and Sky Suites the norm and before silly Standard and Full Awards and with the companion option the SQ program actually represented good value? One never stops being amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                The wonders of KF. So back in the old (okay very old) days when the 747s where new and SpaceBeds and Sky Suites the norm and before silly Standard and Full Awards and with the companion option the SQ program actually represented good value? One never stops being amazed.
                Slightly better value - I'm looking at my old hard drive and the companion awards in business were 100K instead of 120K for LHR and 110K instead of 135K for JFK.

Comment

Working...
                X