• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Mileage

I sent KrisFlyer customer service this question
    =====================================
    Hi,

Is there anywhere on the SQ website I can find out total mileage accumulated?

Many other airlines offer this.

Regards

This is the response I got:

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email dated 26 July 2011 to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding account balance.

Please be advised that you are able to view your miles earned online at www.krisflyer.com for the past 12 months, by following the steps below:

1. Log on by entering your KrisFlyer Membership Number and 6-digit PIN
    2. Select "PPS Club /KrisFlyer"
    3. Click "My Miles" under "My Account"
    4. Go to "My Statement"
    5. Select "Date Period" and "Accruals" in the transaction type
    6. Click "Filter"

You may wish to note that KrisFlyer miles will expire after three years at the end of the equivalent month in which they were earned.

Should you encounter any difficulties and require our assistance, please provide us with the following information for verification:

1. Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
    2. Nationality or Country of Birth
    3. Email Address as in our records
    4. KrisFlyer Membership Number

The above authentication measure is to avoid unintentional disclosure of your personal details to an unauthorised person. We seek your patience and kind understanding in this matter.

Mr X, thank you for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

It took them 2 days to send back a response that's not even addressing my question.

A Yes/No answer would have been fine.

Does anyone know the answer?

Originally posted by dzhsun View Post
    Does anyone know the answer?

[...]

A Yes/No answer would have been fine.
    ..No..

Comment

I sent KrisFlyer customer service this question
      Hi,

Many other airlines offer this.

Regards

Even though I think they don't have the numbers for you, you can't blame them for giving you that reply.

I would think that if you were clearer in your email, then you may have received the response you wanted? If you wanted the statistics of your lifetime mileage earned, then say so.

If you just indicate the total mileage accumulated, they would have thought you wanted to know how much outstanding miles you have as of current.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
        Even though I think they don't have the numbers for you, you can't blame them for giving you that reply.

I would think that if you were clearer in your email, then you may have received the response you wanted? If you wanted the statistics of your lifetime mileage earned, then say so.

If you just indicate the total mileage accumulated, they would have thought you wanted to know how much outstanding miles you have as of current.
        I take your point.

"Lifetime Mileage" was the subject of my email.

Comment

I guess different airlines work differently. SQ does not believe in Lifetime Mileage..... I do not think any Asian carriers do that
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I guess different airlines work differently. SQ does not believe in Lifetime Mileage..... I do not think any Asian carriers do that
            KE, OZ and CA.

Comment

Being an ongoing business, SQ is only interested that you continue being their good customer, and not so much that you *were* a great customer. That's one reason why IMHO they made changes to their Solitaire program to sieve out deadwood, so to speak.

Comment

Actually SQ DOES track lifetime mileage - but it's not something you get from the website. I asked the girls at the SKL to print out, and i still have the whole printout (dot matrix printer no less). Amongst other things: it tracks what the highest rank in Krisflyer you've ever been...

Lemme see if i can get a pic of it later.

Comment

Ah here we are:

so yes, it IS tracked, just not necessarily transparent to you, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    so yes, it IS tracked, just not necessarily transparent to you, that's all.
                    Thanks for this information.

I will try to request this information from KF customer service.

Comment

I wrote a complaint letter to KF about the response, next day a very nice lady at KF called me up, apologised for the previous answer and promptly gave me the information I requested on the phone and email. It has restored some confidence back in SQ customer service.

==================================
                      Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email dated 27 July 2011 to KrisFlyer Membership Services and our subsequent telephone conversation regarding your total mileage accrual.

As spoken, please be informed of your total accumulated KrisFlyer miles from the date of enrolment up to the present:

***** - Accumulated air Miles (flight transactions)
                      ***** - Accumulated non-air miles (non flight such as hotels, bank points, car rental, and others)
                      ***** - Total Accumulated KrisFlyer miles

Below is the breakdown of the available and utilised miles in your account:

***** - Current Balance
                      ***** - Miles utilised for Air Redemption
                      ***** - Total Accumulated KrisFlyer miles (as per above total)

We hope the above information is helpful. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mr X, thank you for writing to us and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Comment

Working...
                      X