Starwood to KrisFlyer 1:1 transfers are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starwood to KrisFlyer 1:1 transfers are back

Did a search and didn't see this news posted. Back in 2008, the SPG to KrisFlyer transfer ratio changed from 1:1 to 2:1. I just checked as I was looking to top up my KrisFlyer account and it seems to have changed back to 1:1 (with the usual 20K SPG to 25K miles bonus) recently.

I was excited for a while, wondering if it was worth to do a AMEX -> SPG -> KF considering the 20 - 25K bonus. But apparently, that wouldn't be worth it. Oh well..
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Too bad I burned all my SPG points except an odd 678 points or so. Ohh well.

Comment

Can I ask what people's experiences are like in terms of times it takes for the miles to appear in your Krisflyer account? Have a bunch of star wood points I was going to transfer to use towards a KF miles award flight in a couple of months and wondering whether the miles would be in my account by then..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
          Can I ask what people's experiences are like in terms of times it takes for the miles to appear in your Krisflyer account? Have a bunch of star wood points I was going to transfer to use towards a KF miles award flight in a couple of months and wondering whether the miles would be in my account by then..

Cheers
          I initiated a transfer on 31 July and it posted to KrisFlyer a couple of days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            I initiated a transfer on 31 July and it posted to KrisFlyer a couple of days later.
            Thanks Savage, sounds promising. I'll give it a shot then.
            Last edited by arrow29; 3 November 2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

If redeeming a KF saver award for myself and my wife, would it be better to transfer her SPG points into my account and then put them all into my KF account and booking the tickets together? Or transfer each of our star wood points into our respective KF accounts and book individual tickets for the same flight (and try to get seated together)? Just wondering because starwood said it takes up to 1wk to transfer miles between family members and wouldn't want to miss out on the award flight.

Comment

Thanks Savage25

Transferred to KF yesterday

Comment

Is this a limited time offer? I am also SPG. In the SPG it says if I transfer 20,000 pts, I will get bonus 5000 miles which means the ratio becomes 1:1.25. Now I have about 16,000pts. Wonder if I should wait until 20,000 pts or transfer now.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                    Is this a limited time offer? I am also SPG. In the SPG it says if I transfer 20,000 pts, I will get bonus 5000 miles which means the ratio becomes 1:1.25. Now I have about 16,000pts. Wonder if I should wait until 20,000 pts or transfer now.
                    Hopefully it will remain 1:1 from now on. I know it used to be but then changed to the 2:1 ratio some time back, to much disappointment! The bonus 5,000 miles is definitely nice - if you don't need to transfer them urgently might pay to wait so that you can get them. I'm transferring 40,000 across so the 10,000 bonus is definitely appreciated

Comment

Working...
                    X