business saver redemption on a380/777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    IMO, Not worth it to redeem economy savers if you can afford biz savers. Consider the price difference in Y and J classes between commercial paid tickets and redemption point requirements.

There is also nothing wrong with biz savers to AMS or FRA on SQ. It is still a decent product. It is also cheaper with 15% discount. And for FRA, they may change the plane in the near future. You can then get cheap flights to your final destination.
    Absolutely spot on on not redeeming economy savers.

However, even if they change the plane to FRA, it would likely be a A380 or another 77W, which in this case, will still not be able to be redeemed with miles.

Comment

Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
      Absolutely spot on on not redeeming economy savers.

However, even if they change the plane to FRA, it would likely be a A380 or another 77W, which in this case, will still not be able to be redeemed with miles.
      Redeem now before the change. When they change it, they will honor the saver ticket

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        Curious... which Star Alliance partner airlines are good choices for SIN-LHR for J redemption?
        Depends if you want to go in a straight line or not...

I would go with NH just to try their long-haul C.

TK has mixed reviews on this board so I may not want to go with them.

Comment

Redeem now before the change. When they change it, they will honor the saver ticket
          so gambling is the in-thing these days... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
            but the plane/eurail tickets are in excess of €300 to Leeds/Manchester/London :X
            Did you consider booking cheap return tickets and ditching the return? It's possible that your return will ultimately cost less than your one way. *LH Italia is still running their 49euro one way ticket from MXP-LHR*

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
              Did you consider booking cheap return tickets and ditching the return? It's possible that your return will ultimately cost less than your one way. *LH Italia is still running their 49euro one way ticket from MXP-LHR*
              thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately SIN-MXP is on 773 and hence no saver awards.
              However, I did go onto the LH website though, and FRA-LHR was at $126. Then, went onto the SQ website quickly scrambling to change my award ticket from econ saver SIN-LHR to business saver SIN-FRA... no luck

looks like i'll have to fly economy this time round...next time

Comment

When is your date of travel?

For business savers, you have to book almost a year in advance or if you are lucky, you may get one open up a few days before departure. Keep your options open.

If you have a little more miles, consider F saver too. It is usually more often available in the week of departure. The cabin is rarely full.

Comment

When is your date of travel?

For business savers, you have to book almost a year in advance or if you are lucky, you may get one open up a few days before departure. Keep your options open.

If you have a little more miles, consider F saver too. It is usually more often available in the week of departure. The cabin is rarely full.
                  10th september 2011. I was incredibly lucky to get an econ saver to london actually.

will waitlist frankfurt, hope for good news

EDIT: I can't even waitlist frankfurt. It appears that SIN-FRA business saver is no longer available. A change to 380 or 773 imminent perhaps?

Comment

Are you so keen on flying SQ? Up to you but I for one would follow other folks advise and get onto the phone to KF and try to get a SIN-XXX-LHR/MAN flight in C.

Because I feel generous today I did a quick check for you. On Sep 10 you could fly as follows:

Sep 10, TG402, SIN-BKK
                    Sep 10, TG916, BKK-LHR
                    Sep 10, BD952, LHR-MAN

I checked ANA tool and there appears to be 1 C seat available on all those listed flights for redemption by *A FFPs like KF. It should cost you 60K KF miles as a C *A one way award plus taxzes and YQ etc. You just need to keep your fingers crossed that SQ KF has access to those C seats I listed above, but chances are decent. I would make the call as it is worth a try.

Comment

SQ Y will NOT beat TG J or TK J.

J is J is J is J is J is still J..... unless it's F

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        SQ Y will NOT beat TG J or TK J.

J is J is J is J is J is still J..... unless it's F
                        Exactly, while SQ Y is a very good Y product I will take a decent enough C seat over Y any day. Mileage difference is not that huge and value is better.

Slightly OT on the topic of redemptions using KF miles on SQ vs other *A carriers. Sometimes it is not comfort but pure money savings that drive one away from SQ. I just helped a colleague to build a SIN-SFO-SEA-(NRT)-SIN itinerary in Y for a party of 4 pax. At first he took any sector he could get on SQ with the exception of SFO-SEA and SEA-NRT which were on UA. Mileage was 80K a person (due to the domestic UA leg no online possible) and maybe around 650SGD in YQ and taxes per person.

I advised him to consider the entire trip on UA (yes I know but hear me out) and the taxes and YQ for the same routing and dates came to a whopping 140 SGD a person (still 31 SGD more than what UA.com shows). He will save 2K SGD for his family and travel exactly the same routing and dates. Just shows how obscene the YQ charging has become by SQ and other main culprits like LH, TG etc.
                        Last edited by demue; 22 July 2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                          Are you so keen on flying SQ? Up to you but I for one would follow other folks advise and get onto the phone to KF and try to get a SIN-XXX-LHR/MAN flight in C.

Because I feel generous today I did a quick check for you. On Sep 10 you could fly as follows:

Sep 10, TG402, SIN-BKK
                          Sep 10, TG916, BKK-LHR
                          Sep 10, BD952, LHR-MAN

I checked ANA tool and there appears to be 1 C seat available on all those l

isted flights for redemption by *A FFPs like KF. It should cost you 60K KF miles as a C *A one way award plus taxzes and YQ etc. You just need to kee
                          p your fingers crossed that SQ KF has access to those C seats I listed above, but chances are decent. I would make the call as it is worth a try.

I am also feeling generous so I check the following routes for you to maximize the SQ experience. Not on the box biz seat but on the refitted 772 and 773. these are available on 10 / 11 Sep.

1. SIN-DXB-CAI (SQ) // CAI-ZRH (LX) // ZRH-LHR (LX), the LX sector is listed as A343 and it seems that all their 343s have been refitted (someone else to confirm please). the SQ sector is on refitted 772, which IMO is one of the best in its market and is fairly valued unlike their 77Ws which I think is 50% better but does not justify its 100 % premium.

2. SIN-DXB (SQ) // DXB-ZRH (LX) // ZRH-LHR (LX), shorter on SQ refitted 773 and more on LX's new biz on its A333s. The SQ sector is an afternoon flight which I think continues on to Saudi Arabia.

3. SIN-DEL (SQ) // DEL-ZRH (LX) // ZRH-LHR (LX), even shorter on SQ.

I think they all offer one of the best C class experience out there, but the connection times may not be as good as on TG. Well, if you don't mind some few hours sightseeing the pyramids etc, why not.

Checked NH and OZ too, but nothing is available.

Comment

1. SIN-DXB-CAI (SQ) // CAI-ZRH (LX) // ZRH-LHR (LX), the LX sector is listed as A343 and it seems that all their 343s have been refitted (someone else to confirm please).
                            I'll be generous too....

Yes. It IS the retrofitted birds on the CAI-ZRH route.

Comment

I hope OP does not have to take the Econ saver. It's really not a very good use of miles.

Anyway, I also just discovered that there is SIN-AMS saver on 11 Sep.

As for FRA, it's very unlikely that they will change the plane by then so it will be on the same type of C seat as the AMS route.

If I were OP, I would take one of the mid east routes on the newer C seats in all sectors. I wouldn't mind the rather lengthy stop overs.

Comment

I have decided to fly on economy saver. My uni mate is flying with me on the same flight. Business saver another time

Comment

Working...
                                X