Waitlist of SQ J vs TG J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlist of SQ J vs TG J?

I am looking at redeeming 2 * 1 way J SYD-SIN-either FRA/ATH/CPH/AMS/FCO Saver award for September this year using KF points. And of course me being late to the party so far there are some routes available for waitlist only.

Looking at ANA tool I noticed that I can get to some of the above destinations via BKK on TG J instead. But obviously I prefer to be on SQ than TG (better service and seats?!).

I was wondering whether it is worth waitlisting on SQ J Saver award, and the success rate of SQ actually releasing seats closer to departure date? Or should I just give up and redeem TG J one-way Saver award on KF points directly?

Finally, when redeeming on TG using KF miles, how much are the taxes/surcharges? When redeeming in SQ before they always charge an arm and a leg for it.

Originally posted by edison View Post
    Looking at ANA tool I noticed that I can get to some of the above destinations via BKK on TG J instead. But obviously I prefer to be on SQ than TG (better service and seats?!).
    You'll get better service on SQ, or at least know what you will get, but as you are looking for a saver award on SQ that means a SpaceBed equipped bird, so there is not much in those and the TG seats. The SpaceBed is definitely better imo, but I would have no problem taking TG. In addition to this you can also try for the TG 77W's they have on lease that are serving CDG and soon MAD and those seats are flat beds so better than both TG and SQ angled seats.

For TG you have more options than SQ as well with LHR, FRA, MUC, ZRH, OSL, ATH, CDG, MAD and soon BRU. There is CPH and ARN as well served by the old config 744 which puts J pax in the old F cabin.

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately new SQ website is playing havoc on booking redemption tickets. I was looking at SYD-SIN-FRA on F and they display SIN-FRA only (WTF?!) and of course listed available. I will play around to see what I can get for waitlisting.

Also I have only 61K in my account (need 63K for Europe on J at least) so it won't let me put though waitlist order. Is this right? I don't want to move miles to KF until I know that there are seats available.

Is the new TG 77Ws only do CDG and MAD runs?

Comment

The sector you want is quite popular and heavily booked well in advance. Online waitilisting on SQ can be frustrating because you are automatically taken off after a few days and you will have to rebook.

Unless a confirmed redemption seat is given up, you may well end up waiting till the day of departure to get a another seat opened up for you.

What I have done recently is to phone SQ, tell them that their website sucks and to do the waitlist for me manually. They obliged me twice the last month (for a different sector) and I got my J seats plus 15% discount ordinarily meant for online bookings.

Not sure if it is so easy for SIN-FRA-JFK though, as this REALLY is a heavily booked route.

Comment

Yes i know SIN-FRA is very popular. I am actually want to redeem any SIN-Europe J Savers but obviously it is always "Waitlist".

I will give the call centre a call to book some waitlist instead.

Comment

Working...
          X