AMEX Centurion Black & KF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEX Centurion Black & KF

Was just wondering does Singapore Air / KFlyer ever offer extra special deals to holders of a Black Amex Centurion card in Australia? Does anyone have a centurion newsletter to view that gives an idea of what is available?
    SQ354

I don't think there is even a centurion newsletter. I think the best thing to do is to ring them. What i have heard though is that they vary from country to country. Best thing is to call centurion directly i guess ?

Comment

Been a Centurion member for years now based out of Singapore and NO there is nothing additional or extra that comes your way when you book on Singapore Airlines. Very strange as this is the main carrier for Singapore and having spend $5500,- annual fee you would imagine that you would get some benefit. Even the companion tickets are a big rip off, the fares quoted are the highest fares available when booked through Amex to redeem a "free" ticket for your companion. Sad to say the least hence the reason why also many people leave Centurion after a while as there is no benefit. The titanium card is cool that's all, platinum is way more overvalued in Singapore then Centurion. Not sure if Australia does more with the black card for their members on airlines but knowing that it is so easy to even get a simple platinum membership (not by invitation only as with other countries) I would imagine that nothing much is done.
      Last edited by AUS-TPP_FLYER; 18 July 2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if its still offered but CX offers diamond membership for apac Centurion members. It used to come with Hilton diamond and spg platinum but that went away. The category who benefits the most are those who get the westpac KF amex or amex platinum credit card. You may get annual fees waived and there may be some value but i have never heard of centurion fees being waived and even Amex Plat charge members are giving up the cards due to the annual fees not being waived.

Comment

I have never heard of Amex waiving any fees. I heard from someone that they rather you cancel than they waive it, as they need the fees as a source of their revenue, since the charge cards don't have interest due to it not being a credit card.

Comment

Does anyone know if the centurion card has better conversion to krisflyer miles than say other premium cards ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
              I have never heard of Amex waiving any fees. I heard from someone that they rather you cancel than they waive it, as they need the fees as a source of their revenue, since the charge cards don't have interest due to it not being a credit card.

For the credit card issued ex-AU, i have the credit on the statement. The spend has to be around aud100k though. For most company partners/senior managers who put through business expenses, its achievable. I never mentioned ex-SIN amex or Amex charge cards.

Are we talking strictly ex-SIN AMEX?

Comment

oh hmm....maybe i'll ask my friend to try it, as he has one, but he mentioned he couldn't get it waived...his is an ex-SIN Amex though. perhaps the scheme varies from country to country ? As for the CX Diamond membership, is it really offered ? My friend said he wasn't offered anything. Anyone knows of any members ex-SIN getting it ?

Comment

I have never heard of Amex waiving any fees.
                  I have heard of them waiving numerous fees.

As a matter of interest, which Amex Cards have you got yourself ?.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ354 View Post
                    Was just wondering does Singapore Air / KFlyer ever offer extra special deals to holders of a Black Amex Centurion card in Australia? Does anyone have a centurion newsletter to view that gives an idea of what is available?
                    SQ354
                    SQ - no, but I know that some country's Centurion card holders get CX's Diamond status for a year. I don't know if australia is one of them.

CX Diamond is miles better than SQ's PPS, BTW !

oh hmm....maybe i'll ask my friend to try it, as he has one, but he mentioned he couldn't get it waived...his is an ex-SIN Amex though. perhaps the scheme varies from country to country ? As for the CX Diamond membership, is it really offered ? My friend said he wasn't offered anything. Anyone knows of any members ex-SIN getting it ?
                    Yes, a friend in Singapore who holds both the cc and the charge Platinum card was offered CX GOLD status.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I have heard of them waiving numerous fees.
                      Quite. I also believe there's a thread mentioning this very phenomina taking place...

Comment

really ? wow ok. I only got the DBS amex, and I was thinking of applying for the regular amex card, but was afraid they would not waive fees, so I have not gotten down to it. I will probably re-consider....

Comment

Years ago, I took up the offer to get lifetime no annual fee gold AMEX CC. The rewards still cost AUD$80 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            Yes, a friend in Singapore who holds both the cc and the charge Platinum card was offered CX GOLD status.
                            Same here in the UK - a number of people (including myself) have received an invite for a free year of CX gold today. Even though it's OW sapphire (so equivalent to *G with J check-in and lounge access), it's useless for me as I have another shiny card ... I wonder if I can pass it on to my Amex supp cardholder ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Same here in the UK - a number of people (including myself) have received an invite for a free year of CX gold today. Even though it's OW sapphire (so equivalent to *G with J check-in and lounge access), it's useless for me as I have another shiny card ... I wonder if I can pass it on to my Amex supp cardholder ?
                              No, unfortunately the offer is only good for the principal card holder.

Comment

Working...
                              X