Extra baggage for award redemption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra baggage for award redemption?

Hi, I have a september flight on SQ322, SIN-LHR. I'm actually going to study in the UK. The flight was booked using my dad's KF miles (he is a krisflyer gold member). Wondering whether I'd be entitled to his extra 20kg, if not, wonder how much extra I'd be given if i call? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am from the UK but going to study abroad. If you prove that your flying to the UK for studies you will get extra baggage anyway. Not sure about the KF gold member stuff.

Comment

Baggage allowance is based on the person who is travelling's status. Not from the person who redeemed the ticket for you. So if you have no status, then you don't get the baggage allowance.

In order to get the student allowance, you need to be travelling on a paid student-fare. On an award ticket, you're just allowed the normal economy class allowance of 20kg. SQ may give you an extra 5kg, but showing that you're a student isn't going to cut it, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        In order to get the student allowance, you need to be travelling on a paid student-fare. On an award ticket, you're just allowed the normal economy class allowance of 20kg. SQ may give you an extra 5kg, but showing that you're a student isn't going to cut it, sorry.
        I have received 10 extra kilos (for a total of 30 KGS) every time I showed SQ my student Card at the counter on the day itself. Even on redemption. and even on bookings made on the Website.

Comment

Smile sweetly, ask politely at the counter and you will often be well rewarded.

Comment

alright, thanks guys. Another question, I've got a priority pass, which lounge in Singapore and London would be better?

Comment

Working...
            X