Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Nope, Thai caters for SQ in BKK. Therefore, the good food. I've never sat Thai before, and I know that Thai is not so good. So I'm not willing to try. That's the best SQ's Y meal I tasted so far. I only flown SQ, BA, QF and CX. Rather pathetic, but well.
    I thought you meant TG on board food. But now I get it, you have never been on TG.
    I am sure SQ has certain specification towards the catering company where ever. I know the one here in Vancouver, the catering company also does cater CX and other airlines. SQ has full control on its own meal served on board.

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    I wished there was. There was sweet and sour pork on Y before, BKK-SIN. I doubt that was a true Y class meal... Where did you takeaway the duck rice from? Four Seasons?
    Yeah, the duck rice was from Four Seasons at Bayswater. The picture was end of April. Sometimes in May, I took LHR-SIN in C, and one of the main course choices was roast duck. Not good, I must say. Too tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
      I thought you meant TG on board food. But now I get it, you have never been on TG.
      I am sure SQ has certain specification towards the catering company where ever. I know the one here in Vancouver, the catering company also does cater CX and other airlines. SQ has full control on its own meal served on board.
      I see. HKG-SIN food is inedible in Y, I slept the other time, so I didn't eat. How is SQ's food ex-YVR? Hope better than HKG big time. The catering at NRT on Y is not so good imo. Maybe I have quite high tastes, even when I'm not even 21. Lol.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Yeah, the duck rice was from Four Seasons at Bayswater. The picture was end of April. Sometimes in May, I took LHR-SIN in C, and one of the main course choices was roast duck. Not good, I must say. Too tough.
      Heard of this Magic Wok restaurant, is it good? I like Four Seasons roast duck and their dishes, excellent. The roast duck is the best in the world, nowhere else can beat it, not even Crystal Jade. When I was in London 7 years ago, I could remember queuing up there. Whatever is served on the plane is not as good as eaten 35,000 ft below.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        Maybe I have quite high tastes, even when I'm not even 21. Lol.
        Such a lucky lad!

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        Heard of this Magic Wok restaurant, is it good? I like Four Seasons roast duck and their dishes, excellent. The roast duck is the best in the world, nowhere else can beat it, not even Crystal Jade. When I was in London 7 years ago, I could remember queuing up there. Whatever is served on the plane is not as good as eaten 35,000 ft below.
        Been to Magic Wok. Good food as well.

Comment

• Hehe. May go to Magic Wok also when in London. I also like the Indian food in London. Delicious!

Comment

• Back to the LPP Run I did, on my SQ26 FRA-JFK, only 1 bottle of Krug was available. In the picture below, actually we have different champagne. cawhite and me still worked on our Krug, while DFP, a fast drinker , had his Dom instead. Later on, I recalled that cawhite changed to Citrus Royale.

And here are the last minute preparation before landing. Make sure everything is stowed underneath the table in front of you.

Last edited by CGK; 15 June 2007, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Yet another set of nice pictures. I can go to the toilet every five minutes when I drink coffee, so if I drink Krug or Dom, you will see something even worse.
              Last edited by WSSS; 14 June 2007, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• JFK

Once we landed at JFK, once at the gate, I rushed getting DFP's rollaboard from seat 4F. Hope he remembered giving me the reward, i.e. keeping his promise of certain thing if i help him passing his bag to 4C. And yes, while waiting to get out from the aircraft, I am amused by the fact that few F pax just did not have courtesy manners. They just barged in wanting to go out the door while I was waiting my turn to get out by the galley. At the end I was the last F pax getting off the plane.

The immigration hall was empty. But again, a strange method of directing people. There were three desks opened, but we were asked to line up only in two booths. When my turn, the officer was asked by his supervisor to stop and to work somewhere else after finishing my entry process. Interesting guy. He has DL Platinum he said.

I travelled heavy. Thus needed a card. Remember it's not free. It's $3.

After customs, yeah thanks to the travelling companion, I did not get searched, we headed for the baggage transfer desk. But before that, DFP needed to change the flights on DL back to DEN. Long telephone wait. And of course cawhite had to do her business calls as well. You can see how many carry-on we had on SQ.

Comment

• NYC

We took the train from T4 to T6 for JetBlue. But cawhite could not check-in yet for her flight back to ORD. Remember, there is only limited service on *A ex-JFK. No UA flight from JFK to ORD nor DEN. That's the reason why cawhite has to take JetBlue, and DFP takes DL to DEN.

We grabbed a taxi, and went to the meat packing district. Found the restaurant that was in DFP's mind. Spice Market.
                  Great lunch.
                  It was a great way to end the journey together. Yes, in the taxi ride back to JFK, we were too tired.

We had the special lunch menu, bento box special: soup, satay (beef, pork or chicken), mango salad, and hot & salty fish with the choice of jasmine or brown rice.

Comment

• I'd be interested to know when all the sectors finally post, and also if you'll then put your SQ status in your programme's profile.....

Comment

• Very very nice sets of pic
                      And congrats to CGK on the "near" completion of the LPP run

Too bad, the PPS Club is revamping, otherwise, I am planning to have my own QPP1 run as well

Comment

Thank you, UMD. Hope to be able to apply Australian visa on time.
                        Now that you are LPP, SQ will probably invite you to be 1 of their honour guests to fly on its new 380 at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          Too bad, the PPS Club is revamping, otherwise, I am planning to have my own QPP1 run as well
                          Indeed - was going to book the SQ RTW for that reason. Alas...
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• congrats again cgk, and thanks for sharing with everyone your pictures. hope you can finally take a long break from traveling and just relax now that you are part of the golden circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                              congrats again cgk, and thanks for sharing with everyone your pictures. hope you can finally take a long break from traveling and just relax now that you are part of the golden circle.
                              CGK will never take a long break from flying. Just look at this thread:
                              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...9654#post19654

Comment

We took the train from T4 to T6 for JetBlue. But cawhite could not check-in yet for her flight back to ORD. Remember, there is only limited service on *A ex-JFK. No UA flight from JFK to ORD nor DEN. That's the reason why cawhite has to take JetBlue, and DFP takes DL to DEN.

We grabbed a taxi, and went to the meat packing district. Found the restaurant that was in DFP's mind. Spice Market.
                                Great lunch.
                                It was a great way to end the journey together. Yes, in the taxi ride back to JFK, we were too tired.
                                We had the special lunch menu, bento box special: soup, satay (beef, pork or chicken), mango salad, and hot & salty fish with the choice of jasmine or brown rice.
                                Thank you to DFP for the rec for Spice Market & the bento box! Excellent choices and I'm looking forward to another trip to Spice Market on future trips to NYC.

Comment

Working...
                                X