Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cawhite
    replied
    We landed at JFK about 2 hours ago.Congratulations CGK!!!!! i'll let CGK post details when he gets back online.

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    Now in ZRH Swiss Business lounge, a little bit of a downer now I'm on my own,...tired but a great 12 or so hour escapade. Sorry no pics yet (no USB card reader), but more to come in a few hours.

The greatest shame today (well, the second greatest after not being able to be on SQ26 personally ) was that I was at gate B32 or something at FRA, about to go to the bus, and SQ26 was towed right past me,...missed the photo opportnity; then whilst waiting in the bus to be carred to my Swiss flight and moments before SQ26 took off another bus moved right in the middle of my field of view - was looking forward to posting a YouTube video of our SQTalk friends departing

Well, I'll leave you all now (too difficult to type on this crazy Swiss layout keyboard ) and post my final report once I'm home.

Best wishes,

nickbot

PS (or should that be PPS ), just seen CGK's new signature:

"I am running for a Life PPS.
    Thank you nickbot for flying into FRA and accompany me sleeping on the floor.
    Thank you cawhite and DeltaFlyingProf for taking the special flight SQ26 FRA-JFK.
    Thank you all for the supports and encouragement!
    Unofficially 999 sectors as of 10 June 2007 "

...signatures come and go, and I've a feeling that one will change pretty soon after the 1000th sector is flown, so preserving it here for posterity. Thanks CGK for allowing me to share your pre-SQ26 celebrations, and advance congratulations on your LPPS
    Last edited by nickbot; 11 June 2007, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post

Soon we'll have an LPP in our midst!
    I believe he will be the second on here to make LPP actually.

Enjoy the rest of your travels CGK. Great to see you and DFP on Saturday night. I hope the bottle of Dom didn't get lonely after it's two friends disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    ...all this flying must have left you exhausted.
    Exhausted?? Nah... I'm sure he thrives on it.

Thanks for sharing the pics nickbot. I so wish I'm there - looks like lots of fun!

Soon we'll have an LPP in our midst!

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    nickbot and CGK, on the internet yet again!

Have just worked out (rather unscientifically I might add) that Mr 999 sectors will become Mr LPPS 1000 sectors after about 2 hours 40 minutes flight time from FRA, so celebrations should kick off then

Unfortunately, I'm using DFP's USB card reader as I forgot to bring mine, so this means that once they depart on SQ26 I can't post any more pics until I get back home; at least this will be well before they arrive in JFK so rest assured you'll all be kept updated
    thanks for the pics nickbot. you're a trooper sleeping on the ground. wish i was there to share in the festivities. cgk- congrats! next time i get up to vancouver (one of my fav places in the world), i will definitely let you know. i'll make sure it's not for at least a couple weeks- all this flying must have left you exhausted.

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    nickbot and CGK, on the internet yet again!

Have just worked out (rather unscientifically I might add) that Mr 999 sectors will become Mr LPPS 1000 sectors after about 2 hours 40 minutes flight time from FRA, so celebrations should kick off then

Unfortunately, I'm using DFP's USB card reader as I forgot to bring mine, so this means that once they depart on SQ26 I can't post any more pics until I get back home; at least this will be well before they arrive in JFK so rest assured you'll all be kept updated
    Last edited by nickbot; 11 June 2007, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by simong View Post
    Wow the day has arrived, just about to head to LHR for SQ317.. Will be sad not to have the 'Mayor of SIN' at the end there to meet but I understand the higher purpose today...

Good luck!
    Yup... someone's else will spend day to day at SKL Changi, I am sure...
    And can't wait for your opinion about the new seat

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    D-Day update...

In the United Red Carpet Club with CGK, Cawhite and +1(!). Waiting for DFP to arrive for the party to start in earnest

A miserable, rainy day in FRA with lightning and low visibility, but who cares when you're in the lounge with SQTalkers! CGK and I had a reasonably good night's sleep in the terminal and now refreshed (although I wasn't allowed to shower in the RCC )

SQ26 waiting in the rain for its most important passenger, Mr 999 Sectors CGK himself

Aforementioned VIP

Cawhite and +1

Leave a comment:

• simong
    replied
    Wow the day has arrived, just about to head to LHR for SQ317.. Will be sad not to have the 'Mayor of SIN' at the end there to meet but I understand the higher purpose today...

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Lobster
    replied
    So CGK the finish line is in sight

Enjoy your party flight with Cawhite and DFP

Leave a comment:

• cawhite
    replied
    CGK, answer your txts!
    My "+1" just landed and will also be joining the party for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Guten Morgen.
    Time to wake up and look for lounges for shower.

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    ... and my bed will be a Z-style with about 30 to 40 degrees angled.
    He He! Mine is 100% flat bed,...the floor ...but then I've come prepared with ThermaRest mat and sleeping bag

Time for sleep I think!

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    P.S. All y'all need to be a bit more civilized is to have our favorite Chicagoan grace the festivities.
    Sleeping beauty is just accross the immigration booth and straight out to the departure leavel and connected by the bridge, to the luxurious bed... Flat bed... and my bed will be a Z-style with about 30 to 40 degrees angled.

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    P.S. All y'all need to be a bit more civilized is to have our favorite Chicagoan grace the festivities.
    jjpb3, I think you'll find Hotel FRA is rather civilised already Just now, 1 am, there's a guy driving a buggy up and down slowly past the slumber seats, giving out pillows and blankets! Of course, these two SQTalkers have come prepared already ...well, some are more prepared than others

nickbot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X