Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh just remembered jjpb3, I have a present for you from Cawhite - I'll pop it in the post this week

....look forward to taking you up on the drink offer!

Comment

• WELL DONE CGK! CONGRATULATIONS

Comment

• Congratulations CGK!

Many thanks for the awesome pics, nickbot!

Comment

• Well done CGK!! Congratulations!!

Comment

• Congratulations CGK! Nickbot, thanks for the great pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              Here's some photos as promised - I feel a little secondary in this story, having not been able to join CGK, DFP and Cawhite on SQ26, but consider my role as roving reporter important nonetheless Hope you enjoy the final pics...

Thanks nickbot for the photos - just shows how important it is to have high quality reporters on the case to spread just important news to those of us who were not able to join this momentous occassion.

Comment

• CONGRATS CGK!!!!

Cheers for the pics nickbot.

This thread certainly brightened my day after an extremely depressing exam...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Glad the thread/pics brightened your day KeithMEL and hope the exams go well

Sat at my desk, feeling rather tired, but thinking what an awesome escapade that was - can't wait to see pics from the flight,...come on CGK/DFP/Cawhite

Comment

• Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Thank you all for your wishes! I do appreciate that. And special thanks to nickbot who kept the report up-to-date with all the pictures.
                    I will try to post my pictures report bit by bit here.
                    And I think I am keeping my signature as it is right now. As you may guess, SQ still has me stuck on 928.5 sectors. None updated since my SIN-ZRH flight which was 3 or 4 weeks ago. In turn, I can not answer when is my first flight being LPP. Or more precisely, the BP shows LPPx.

Comment

• Bangkok and SQ971 BKK-SIN

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Here we are having pre-party in anticipation of my 1000 sectors. Ceri, MAN Flyer, and DeltaFlyingProf are here! Which champagne is the best? Dom? Krug? LaGrandeDame?
                      Back to the report and back to the time Saturday night in Bangkok. A pre-party involving Ceri, MAN Flyer, and DeltaFlyingProf, as well as cawhite by phone (hope the phone bills don't run up so high... ). Here are the champagnes we had.

The next morning, we took SQ971 BKK-SIN. I knew there would not be any notation on DFP's PNR regarding his birthday. So, I tried to board the plane earlier than him. Fortunately, I recognozed the IFS from my previous flight this year. I told him that today is my seat mate's b'day.
                      The IFS collected created a b'day card from the menu, and gathered all the FAs on board to sign. And presented them to DFP after breakfast was served. Of course, photo taken with the F cabin crew is a must.

Last edited by CGK; 13 June 2007, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• SIN SKL F 10Jun2007

The flight from BKK arrived earlier, around 11am. I went to SKL and let DFP watched my bags. (remember: do leave your belongings unattended - repeated every hour. )
                        I cleared immigration. Picked up my suitcase at the left luggage. Bought layered cake for cawhite. Checked-in my bag. The departure hall was a bit busy. Full of the moslems who saw th loved ones going for Hajj.
                        Back in SKL and waited for a flyer who should be at SKL around the same time. But in the mean time, I was busy as well with the cake presentation preparation with SKL staff. So, upright man, that's why I missed all your calls. I left my cell on the table at SKL.

Unfortunately, there will be no pictures of SKL staff since they asked me not to post it here. But, indeed, the Angel sang for DFP. And then we were busy cutting the cake. The kitchen staff got their shares as well as the SKL staff. And yes, thanks to SQTalk for the delicious cake, banana chocolate coffee... yum yum.

Here are the photos.

And, aound 1pm, I had to run to Gate E20. Well, the flyer that supposed to be at SKL did not show up, but went straight to the plane. My SQ Angel called the Gate, and asked this flyer to disembark to meet me. (Is this part of "God-like-treatment"? ) Went to meet for a very short time, and I had to run back to SKL. Packed quickly, and the buggy ride had waited for us at the end of the escalator. Yeah, it's DFP's first time ever driven on the buggy to the gate. Thank you!

Comment

• SQ 326 SIN-FRA 10Jun2007

We made it on time at the gate due to the buggy ride.
                          I noticed that pax in 1A and 2A looked like someones who had not beem on 77W yet. Saw the guy in 2A took several pictures.
                          We had great crew. And yeah, they asked me when to serve the b'day cake. And I told them to present it after lunch service.
                          Lunch was great. And DFP asked for the bed to be made right away. He changed to PJs, and while the LS made the bed, she asked me about the cake. And I said yes, right away. Of course, it needed a preparation, and when they were done, DFP had fallen asleep. And you know me, , the wake-up enforcer!

I think it's a good thing to have the cake that time. A bit relaxed after lunch service, and before everyone went to bed.

Here are the pictures from this flight.

Comment

• From last year, SQ SIN has chnaged the cake. Definitely this cake was delicious. Not the dry chocolate cake like last year.

Comment

• Indeed, that cheesecake was what caught my eye. Looked delicious.

BTW, DFP, how come you always looked knackered? Too much of something?
                              Last edited by SQFAN; 13 June 2007, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Of course, Mr. F always flies F. He had not flown 77W in C. So, after we walked through the back of the plane, yeah, I showed him the good seats in Y, we noticed 14K in C cabin was empty. So, he posed in Fumitani's style, i.e. pillow hug. And I even made his bed to try on.

Comment

Working...
                                X