Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post

Soon we'll have an LPP in our midst!
    I believe he will be the second on here to make LPP actually.

Enjoy the rest of your travels CGK. Great to see you and DFP on Saturday night. I hope the bottle of Dom didn't get lonely after it's two friends disappeared.

Comment

• Now in ZRH Swiss Business lounge, a little bit of a downer now I'm on my own,...tired but a great 12 or so hour escapade. Sorry no pics yet (no USB card reader), but more to come in a few hours.

The greatest shame today (well, the second greatest after not being able to be on SQ26 personally ) was that I was at gate B32 or something at FRA, about to go to the bus, and SQ26 was towed right past me,...missed the photo opportnity; then whilst waiting in the bus to be carred to my Swiss flight and moments before SQ26 took off another bus moved right in the middle of my field of view - was looking forward to posting a YouTube video of our SQTalk friends departing

Well, I'll leave you all now (too difficult to type on this crazy Swiss layout keyboard ) and post my final report once I'm home.

Best wishes,

nickbot

PS (or should that be PPS ), just seen CGK's new signature:

"I am running for a Life PPS.
      Thank you nickbot for flying into FRA and accompany me sleeping on the floor.
      Thank you cawhite and DeltaFlyingProf for taking the special flight SQ26 FRA-JFK.
      Thank you all for the supports and encouragement!
      Unofficially 999 sectors as of 10 June 2007 "

...signatures come and go, and I've a feeling that one will change pretty soon after the 1000th sector is flown, so preserving it here for posterity. Thanks CGK for allowing me to share your pre-SQ26 celebrations, and advance congratulations on your LPPS
      Last edited by nickbot; 11 June 2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• We landed at JFK about 2 hours ago.Congratulations CGK!!!!! i'll let CGK post details when he gets back online.

Comment

• Congratulations, CGK! Well done! Now, SQ will give you 'god-like-treatment' for the rest of your life! Just like they gave you on this flight! What a flight! Cawhite certainly won't disagree with me!!!

Comment

• Congratulations CGK. I guess it's safe to say that SQ loves you forever now

Comment

• Congrats, CGK!

So what would be your first flight as a LPPS?

Is your supplementary LPPS card up for grabs still?

Comment

• Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
                ...I guess it's safe to say that SQ loves you forever now...
                Not only that, but today SQ was sharing the love a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  Is your supplementary LPPS card up for grabs still?
                  Hey there's a queue here! Back o' the line, buddy!

Congrats, CGK. I can't wait to read about the details of this god-like treatment that was shared with the (demi-?)gods (cawhite and DFP).
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Congrats CGK! Can't wait to read some information about your first class treatment. Oh, when is your first flight as a LPPS member?

Comment

• Yes, congratulations, awesome achievement. And one gift to yourself that keeps on giving!

Comment

• Congratulations Mr CGK LPP what an epic run. I look forward to celebrating with you soon.
                        Last edited by Lobster; 12 June 2007, 12:14 PM. Reason: Thanks to JJPB3 for noticing my error

Comment

• Many congrats CGK

Only just got home,...stressful day,...too tired to expand on it just now but wanted to send my best wishes to Mr LPPS

nickbot

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            Congratulations Mr CGK LLP what an epic run. I look forward to celebrating with you soon.
                            I hope you meant LPP, Lobster. Otherwise, I missed the thread about CGK incorporating as a limited liability partnership!

I hope you've had a chance to recover from your stressful day, nickbot.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 12 June 2007, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              ...I hope you've had a chance to recover from your stressful day, nickbot.
                              Yeah, I've de-stressed a little now, came back to a heap of problems at work, but under control now thankfully!

Here's some photos as promised - I feel a little secondary in this story, having not been able to join CGK, DFP and Cawhite on SQ26, but consider my role as roving reporter important nonetheless Hope you enjoy the final pics...

Four SQTalkers at the gate

CGK's bag, sporting a nice selection of tags

DFP's extremely rare Raffles BP for his forthcoming JFK-Atlanta sector

The intrepid trio, only around 3 hours before that all important 1000th sector would click over on the counter

Cawhite shouting at CGK to hurry along

And finally, CGK (aka "Mr 999 sectors" at that time), about to leave for the historic flight

Hope you like them! Congratulations CGK!
                              Last edited by nickbot; 13 June 2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Excellent pics, nickbot. Thanks for being there for the rest of us.

I owe you (and Mrs nickbot) a drink whenever we meet up.

Once again:

CONGRATULATIONS, CGK!
                                Last edited by jjpb3; 12 June 2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X