Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    To help with visualising the facilities on offer for the intrepid overnighter at Hotel FRA, here's a photo of two SQTalkers enjoying the comfortable surroundings (and wifi for SQTalk of course )

nickbot
    Looks quite fun, actually, despite the rather spartan surroundings.

Go, SQTalkers!
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• P.S. All y'all need to be a bit more civilized is to have our favorite Chicagoan grace the festivities.

P.P.S. nickbot is, of course, quite able to make things more civilized on his own. It's just that his companion is dodgier.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 11 June 2007, 06:51 AM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Aren't you feeling sorry for me? Get me EU pasport please...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          P.S. All y'all need to be a bit more civilized is to have our favorite Chicagoan grace the festivities.
          jjpb3, I think you'll find Hotel FRA is rather civilised already Just now, 1 am, there's a guy driving a buggy up and down slowly past the slumber seats, giving out pillows and blankets! Of course, these two SQTalkers have come prepared already ...well, some are more prepared than others

nickbot

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            P.S. All y'all need to be a bit more civilized is to have our favorite Chicagoan grace the festivities.
            Sleeping beauty is just accross the immigration booth and straight out to the departure leavel and connected by the bridge, to the luxurious bed... Flat bed... and my bed will be a Z-style with about 30 to 40 degrees angled.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
              ... and my bed will be a Z-style with about 30 to 40 degrees angled.
              He He! Mine is 100% flat bed,...the floor ...but then I've come prepared with ThermaRest mat and sleeping bag

Time for sleep I think!

Comment

• Guten Morgen.
                Time to wake up and look for lounges for shower.

Comment

• CGK, answer your txts!
                  My "+1" just landed and will also be joining the party for a bit.

Comment

• So CGK the finish line is in sight

Enjoy your party flight with Cawhite and DFP

Comment

• Wow the day has arrived, just about to head to LHR for SQ317.. Will be sad not to have the 'Mayor of SIN' at the end there to meet but I understand the higher purpose today...

Good luck!

Comment

• D-Day update...

In the United Red Carpet Club with CGK, Cawhite and +1(!). Waiting for DFP to arrive for the party to start in earnest

A miserable, rainy day in FRA with lightning and low visibility, but who cares when you're in the lounge with SQTalkers! CGK and I had a reasonably good night's sleep in the terminal and now refreshed (although I wasn't allowed to shower in the RCC )

SQ26 waiting in the rain for its most important passenger, Mr 999 Sectors CGK himself

Aforementioned VIP

Cawhite and +1

Comment

• Originally posted by simong View Post
                          Wow the day has arrived, just about to head to LHR for SQ317.. Will be sad not to have the 'Mayor of SIN' at the end there to meet but I understand the higher purpose today...

Good luck!
                          Yup... someone's else will spend day to day at SKL Changi, I am sure...
                          And can't wait for your opinion about the new seat

Comment

• nickbot and CGK, on the internet yet again!

Have just worked out (rather unscientifically I might add) that Mr 999 sectors will become Mr LPPS 1000 sectors after about 2 hours 40 minutes flight time from FRA, so celebrations should kick off then

Unfortunately, I'm using DFP's USB card reader as I forgot to bring mine, so this means that once they depart on SQ26 I can't post any more pics until I get back home; at least this will be well before they arrive in JFK so rest assured you'll all be kept updated
                            Last edited by nickbot; 11 June 2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              nickbot and CGK, on the internet yet again!

Have just worked out (rather unscientifically I might add) that Mr 999 sectors will become Mr LPPS 1000 sectors after about 2 hours 40 minutes flight time from FRA, so celebrations should kick off then

Unfortunately, I'm using DFP's USB card reader as I forgot to bring mine, so this means that once they depart on SQ26 I can't post any more pics until I get back home; at least this will be well before they arrive in JFK so rest assured you'll all be kept updated
                              thanks for the pics nickbot. you're a trooper sleeping on the ground. wish i was there to share in the festivities. cgk- congrats! next time i get up to vancouver (one of my fav places in the world), i will definitely let you know. i'll make sure it's not for at least a couple weeks- all this flying must have left you exhausted.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                                ...all this flying must have left you exhausted.
                                Exhausted?? Nah... I'm sure he thrives on it.

Thanks for sharing the pics nickbot. I so wish I'm there - looks like lots of fun!

Soon we'll have an LPP in our midst!
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X