URGENT! Need help clarifying a response from the Krisflyer team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! Need help clarifying a response from the Krisflyer team

Hi guys, I urgently need you guys to say whether I am right, or whether Krisflyer is right.. If they are, I can finally have peace of mind and not pursue this matter... If not, I'll have to say they have some really horrible customer service.

Here is the email I sent -
    Hello,

I am writing to you because I want to inquire about some elite miles missing from my account. As of current, it says on my Krisflyer account online that I have 3752 elite miles, and 34622 miles in total. However, I have used the accrual calculator to calculate my miles, and I have found that I should have 11325 elite miles, and 35499 miles in total as of today (May 24th, 2011). This is because I reached 24174 miles on on the 15th of December 2010, and I am under the assumption from reading about mileage accrual that from that next flight (CMB-SIN on 21st January 2011), I should have been earning elite miles, with the 25% extra accrual. Please rectify this issue for me.

Thank you and regards
    The sectors that I flew were from when I got the membership were:
    FEB 2010: dac-bkk-syd 5645 miles
    JUN 2010: mel-sin-kul 3936
    JUN 2010: dac-sin-mel 5552 miles
    NOV 2010: mel-bkk-dac 5533 miles
    DEC & JAN 2010: dac-sin-cmb 7016 miles return
    FEB 2011: dac-sin-mel 5533 miles

The response I got from Singapore Airlines was:
    Thank you for your verification email dated 25 May 2011 to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding Elite Miles.

Please allow us to clarify that Elite miles are for qualification to higher levels of KrisFlyer membership and will be reset to zero at the end of every 12-month qualification period to track for renewal.

We would also like to highlight that tier bonus will not be counted for the calculation of Elite miles. It is only applicable for calculation of KrisFlyer miles.

You may wish to note that Elite miles are earned together with KrisFlyer miles for eligible classes of service on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Virgin Atlantic or any Star Alliance carrier. KrisFlyer miles are used for the redemption of awards and are valid for three years from the date it was credited.

You may wish to note that your current qualification period is from 6 February 2011 to 29 February 2012.

With regard to your account, to-date you have accrued 3,752 Elite miles and would require additional 21,248 Elite miles to attain Elite Silver status and 46,248 Elite miles to attain Elite Gold status by 29 February 2012.

Mr Wijesinha, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope that your future travels will enable the qualification to Elite Gold status very soon. We look forward to be of service to you again.
    I'm really annoyed because I feel they didn't give me the response I wanted, and they did the same thing with my dad last year.

Please help me out with this!!

Not enough information but unfortunately they are right. The 25% bonus only applies to krisflyer miles (which are only used for redemption purposes) and not elite miles (which are used for tier qualifying purposes).

Elite miles counter is reset at the start of every qualification year - this qualification year does not tie in with the calendar year.

Comment

Main point in the email is that qualification period is Feb to Feb, not Jan to Dec. On Feb 6, while you were in SIN, your last qualification period and your new one started, thus only 3752 miles for SIN - MEL.

My guess is that you have hit Silver from your DAC - SIN flight in Feb 2011.

Comment

How in the world does this qualify as "URGENT"???
        HUGE AL

Comment

how come the qualification period starts on an odd date, not at the beginning of a month. any ideas ?

Comment

it begins on the very first day you start to accrue miles..

correct me if i'm wrongggg

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              How in the world does this qualify as "URGENT"???

Comment

Working...
              X