Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on Status Match

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone manage to get a status match with Oneworld when you're currently holding a Krisflyer Elite Gold..?

I travel to and fro YYZ - SIN every 3 months (Dec/March/May). However due to relocation, I'll be traveling from MEL-SIN till the end of my studies. It will be good to hold a Oneworld Status as I can book Qantas flights and enjoy lounge benefits etc.

Your advise is very much appreciated!

I thought I remember reading something about a Finair Plus (OW) status match, if you are Singapore resident and fly on Finair to any of their European destinations between 1 June and 30 September 2011.

http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...ssuefour/en_SG

Comment

Managed to get CX MPC to offer me SILVER based on my SQ GOLD and future travel plans.

Not an exact match but MPC SILVER gets access to Priority Bag tag, Business class check-in queue and CX lounges (especially the excellent ones in HK airport!). And the occasional cabin Op-up.

(Note that MPC SIlVER won't get you access to Non CX One World Lounges)

Liked it so much that I am now a MPC GOLD and split my travels between the 2 Alliances.
      Last edited by 268m; 31 May 2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: Fix up my spellings

Comment

Thanks folks for your prompt reply!

Nah, I'm only a 16YO student - no point flying from SIN to Europe to get status match

CX Silver is not too bad but I'll be more on the Oz route (SIN-MEL) for the next 1 year ..

My current KF*G will expire next year 31/5/2011 and my studies in Oz will finish on 25/5/2011 - which is like just nice then off to NS and that's the end of my air travels

Unless I become some big managers like you guys in future who can fly J and F class often

It will be good to have OneWorld status that can get me those *G benefits (Except for baggage) cuz flying SQ from SIN-Mel is a bit ex than Qantas (or are they the same? please advise.)

Thks!

Comment

Originally posted by 268m View Post
          Managed to get CX MPC to offer me SILVER based on my SQ GOLD and future travel plans.

Not an exact match but MPC SILVER gets access to Priority Bag tag, Business class check-in queue and CX lounges (especially the excellent ones in HK airport!). And the occasional cabin Op-up.

(Note that MPC SIlVER won't get you access to Non CX One World Lounges)

Liked it so much that I am now a MPC GOLD and split my travels between the 2 Alliances.
          Please advise on how to get CX to match (or at least give me MPC SILVER). I have A3 GOLD and TG SILVER

Currently I am MPC Green. Haven't flew with them much. But this may be handy, if I cannot get seat on SIN-TPE, I may do SIN-HKG-TPE
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            Please advise on how to get CX to match (or at least give me MPC SILVER). I have A3 GOLD and TG SILVER

Currently I am MPC Green. Haven't flew with them much. But this may be handy, if I cannot get seat on SIN-TPE, I may do SIN-HKG-TPE
            You write to CX and ask for a status match.

See the `other` forum... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...6-cx-comp.html

Comment

Probably won't because you don't really need that much flying to attain A3 Gold and TG Silver, plus A3 doesn't fly to HKG either. Unless you can show them that you have heavy travel on CX in the near future, I don't think they'll match you.

But then again, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Any idea which airlines will match KF*G to OW Sapphire?

Comment

Working...
                X