No announcement yet.

Australian Westpac KrisFlyer Amex/Visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Westpac KrisFlyer Amex/Visa.

I rang westpac last week as my $250 annual fee was due.

I wanted to express my displeasure at the Visa point reduction from 1 for every $ spent to 0.5 for every $ spent, and that in my opinion the fee is way to high considering the earn reduction.

All I did was explain the above to the first lady I spoke to, I also said I was wanting a payout figure on my card as I was considering cancelling my card as I could not justify the $250 fee.

The first lady put me through to a second lady who had the ability to look at my account and make a decision on my complaints. I have not paid very much interest on the card over the past two years so I wasn't really expecting to much from them, the second lady said she could understand my compaint and to my suprise said she would reduce the $250 fee to $0 for the next year.

My brother also has his own Westpac KrisFlyer card, he decided to ring Westpac after I told him of my reduction. My brother has never paid any interest at all over the past two years but Westpac reduced his fee from $250 to $125.

If you have a Westpac KrisFlyer card and your annual fee is due soon I suggest you ring them and express you displeasure at the earn reduction, you will probably save a small amount of money.

The Amex earn rate does stay the same at 1.5 for every $1 spent.

SQ238.

Just called, and could only get $125 reversed off my card. I am like your brother, never believed in donating money to banks in forms of interest charges.

Thanks for the hints!! $125 can buy lots of Laksa in Chinatown.

Comment

Originally posted by StrataCruiser View Post
      Just called, and could only get $125 reversed off my card. I am like your brother, never believed in donating money to banks in forms of interest charges.

Thanks for the hints!! $125 can buy lots of Laksa in Chinatown.
      Yep, always better in our pockets than the banks, enjoy the Laksa.

SQ238.

Comment

Working...
      X