Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent PPS benefits

Hi Everyone,

My last two SQ flights were quite of a nice surprise.
    On my SG Taipei economy flight, the crew greeted me and offered a more personal service.This is the 3rd times it happens on this route..but almost never on other routes. Has anyone else noted the better service for QPP on this route?
    Another surprise was my return flight from BKK yesterday afternoon. I got upgraded to Biz...the Biz class was full, so I suppose the economy as well.. Nice surprise considering my 9 years of QPP status with them..Its the 3rd time it happens in 9 years :-)

Just sharing...
    Have a great day

As for you first point, it's not exclusive for TPE flights. I always travel with a QPP buddy, and he gets the "personal service" even on KUL and CGK flights

Comment

Thanks for sharing,
      Rarely fly up to KUL but thats nice to hear. Is it more likely to happen on short haul flights? Any other inputs?
      Thanks.

Comment

It's not sector-related. It's quality-of-cabin-crew-related.

Comment

I agree its the quality of the crew. So crew ignore the Solitaires on business class, and even calling them sir instead of by name.

Comment

I understand from crew onboard that it is SQ policy to address all J/F pax in the section they are in charge of by name, so unless these pax were speaking to crew that was in charge of another section, that was against SQ policy.

Comment

Not on the flight I was on. He called me sir, here's your drink, more than twice. I was a SIN-TPE flt i think.

Comment

Yeah the being called by name in premium cabins is a bit random to me, i have taken 6 long haul segments, and in about 3 of them I was called by name. my only short haul segment wasn't called by my name, though I didnt expect it either since its so short and a lot of passengers in the cabin as well.

Comment

In some very short flights I get called by name, earlier this week, i was on KUL-SIN, and they still called me by name. Even on SIN-CGK flights, they will. The KUL-SIN flt was almost full on J class, and yet the crew can do that. I reckon it boils down to the laziness of the crew. Usually its just one or two bad ones. Perhaps I should highlight it the next time it happens.

Comment

On my recent flight in Biz from MNL, I was only acknowledged by name once while the crew (glancing at the manifest) took order of post takeoff drinks. Also not greeted by name at the door during boarding after the IFS glanced at my boarding pass (was greeted by name instead during boarding on my previous 4 economy flights with SQ and all economy flights on QF domestic). So I guess it boils down to the crew.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Some crew make the SQ name stand out, and some, well, they make the airline close to budget standards.

Comment

I just got back from a trip to India, (SYD-SIN-BOM return). Two trips in economy, two in business. I was greeted personally on one of the economy flights and asked several times if I need anything. Nothing at all on the others. That seems to be the general hit-and-miss ratio on most trips.

It is a bit disappointing that being greeted is considered a "benefit" in what's essentially the highest loyalty tier, and really apart from the lounge access at SIN I don't see anything more than what you get as gold. But that I'm sure is a typical rant.

Comment

Working...
                        X