Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlisting a sector against a confirmed sector

Hi,

I called Kris Flyer this morning but due to the very poor quality of the phone lines for SQ in Australia (I assume they hook through to somewhere in outer Mongolia the lines are so bad), I really couldn't understand the girl's response to my question. She was being very polite but also had a very strong accent which made it quite difficult.

I have flights booked MEL/DEL on 19 Dec and on a separate PNR, the return is booked BOM/MEL, 8 Jan. I wanted to do either/or both of the following:

Waitlist the connecting SQ227 sector SIN/MEL rather than have to wait an extra couple of hours for the confirmed connection on SQ237. I think I was told I couldn't because I already had a confirmed leg but I'm not sure.

Or:

Change the SIN/MEL leg to a later date to allow a 2n stopover. Again, I don't know if that was going to be allowed or not; she also said something about paying extra but as they are reward tickets, I'm confused.

Sorry if this seems a very pedestrian question but as this is the first time I've redeemed FF points with SQ, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Did you book the rewards online? Because if so, normally they refuse to make changes offline unless you are ok with them taking back the 15% online booking discount. I am not sure if waitlisting is considered offline request and therefore you have to give up more miles. May be you should call again and get clarity from a better agent.

For the return sector, yours is a one-way ticket so stopover (of more than 24h) is only allowed if you redeem a standard award. If it is a saver award, then you have to break it into 2 tickets (BOM-SIN, SIN-MEL) which I think will cost more or pay double miles and get a standard award. If you had booked a return saver award MEL-BOM-MEL, then you may have the stopover in SIN complimentary. Unfortunately, their system currently does not allow return open-jaw booking.

And if you

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      Did you book the rewards online? Because if so, normally they refuse to make changes offline unless you are ok with them taking back the 15% online booking discount. I am not sure if waitlisting is considered offline request and therefore you have to give up more miles. May be you should call again and get clarity from a better agent.

For the return sector, yours is a one-way ticket so stopover (of more than 24h) is only allowed if you redeem a standard award. If it is a saver award, then you have to break it into 2 tickets (BOM-SIN, SIN-MEL) which I think will cost more or pay double miles and get a standard award. If you had booked a return saver award MEL-BOM-MEL, then you may have the stopover in SIN complimentary. Unfortunately, their system currently does not allow return open-jaw booking.

And if you
      [And if I.....] ? But thanks, Squeeze, I will call them again on Monday to see if I can't waitlist the connecting service, it can't be that hard?

As Delhi/Mumbai are common rated, imagine how much simpler it would be if OJ bookings could be made?

Comment

Working...
      X