Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas to extend 2k miles from CBR?

hi Everyone,
    need some help on ideas to earn 2,172 elite miles by 31 May to extend my KF EG from Canberra.

story is i have just re-located to CBR, and originally was scheduled to do some flights to Middle East via SIN. But instability there has led to indefinite shelving of plans, and i wont be doing some flying till Dec. I am thus 2,172 elite miles short of re-qualifying for Elite Gold by 31 May.

I am quite ready to do a C class MR, subject to flight out and inbound be completed within a day so wife can have me hands to help with 2 kiddos. But, as many of you know, CBR isnt exactly an international hub.

The nearest *Alliance route i found is from SYD - Air NZ to Auckland, which will see me flying off CBR 6:40am and returning 19:05pm, literally a whole day.

but are there any experts here who have better ideas? thanks in advance

I think that's the best option you have. To earn EQM, you just have to fly.

Comment

yes, i know i need to fly, but is there a shorter *A route (distance and time) from CBR? am i right that only QF and Virgin Blue fly out of CBR? and both are not *A right? ideal is of cos for me to fly one of the domestic routes from CBR, even on C class, to say BNE, and return

Comment

No *A flights in CBR. You just gotta make your own way to SYD. Too bad we don't have *A in Aust.

Comment

Call up SQ and ask for a status extension. Based on evidence, previous flying history, so if you have been KF EG on SQ for past 10 years earning it only on SQ, I'm sure they wouldn't mind offering you one more year as KF G

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
            Call up SQ and ask for a status extension. Based on evidence, previous flying history, so if you have been KF EG on SQ for past 10 years earning it only on SQ, I'm sure they wouldn't mind offering you one more year as KF G
            Agree. They are quite flexible about this.
            Sometimes, they even extend without being prompted.

Comment

Unfortunately I've been EG for only 2 yrs, and barely made it both. Dont travel frequently for work and Company doesn't always put me on C, so prob not a strong record to convince them. Looks0403 986 703 like will háve to make that day trip to Auckland, are there no other shorter *A route frm CBR?

Comment

There are no *A routes from CBR at all. As mentioned your best shot is one of the NZ routes. The closest place for your is to fly from SYD if I'm not mistaken to AKL, CHC or WLG depending where miles are most and where price is lowest.

Comment

CBR-SYD-AKL

Hi Guys,
                  With no other way but to undertake the CBR-SYD-AKL MR, want to seek some help on connections pls? welcome any comments on the plans too.

I’m planning follows:
                  • QF560 etd CBR 06:45 eta SYD 07:35
                  • NZ102 etd SYD 09:40 eta AKL 14:40pm
                  • NZ105 etd AKL 16:00 eta SYD 17:30
                  • QF1491 etd SYD 18:40 eta CBR 19:30

One of my aims is to get home asap to help wife with kids, hence such a tight schedule. I think the 2 hrs transit in SYD to NZ102 shd be enough, but
                  - Is the 80min between NZ102 and NZ105 in AKL enough?
                  - In AKL, do I need to clear passport/customs, in order to check in at NZ counter? Or can I upon arrival head to Departure floor NZ transfer desk to check in without clearing immigration?
                  - In SYD, is the 70min between NZ105 and QF1491 too tight?

Thanks much ahead.

Comment

I was about to warn about the cheaper NZ fares not crediting to other programs... then I reread the OP and saw that it was going to be in C....

Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post
                      I was about to warn about the cheaper NZ fares not crediting to other programs... then I reread the OP and saw that it was going to be in C....

Whew!
                      oh no, i was intendin Y for this CBR-SYD-AKL, but what i meant was - if there are shorter time and distance options, i'm ready to go C.

but cheaper NZ fares dont get miles? which are the fares that get miles?

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                        oh no, i was intendin Y for this CBR-SYD-AKL, but what i meant was - if there are shorter time and distance options, i'm ready to go C.

but cheaper NZ fares dont get miles? which are the fares that get miles?
                        NZ Website does not disclose the booking class. Go to SQ web, print out the eligible booking classes of NZ flights, go to TA to book it for you. TA will take care of minimum connection time in SYD as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X