X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Solitaire PPS Reserve value

Couldn't see this already posted...

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

In appreciation of your support for Singapore Airlines, we introduced Reserve Value on 1 June 2009 as an exclusive privilege for Solitaire PPS Club members. Since it was launched, we have received much positive and useful feedback on improving the use of Reserve Value for membership renewal.

We are pleased to announce a change to the way in which your Reserve Value will contribute to the renewal of your membership. This change will help to maximize the use of your Reserve Value towards your Solitaire PPS Club membership renewal and more of your current PPS Value can be credited as new Reserve Value.

From 1 June 2011*, the Reserve Value you have will be counted first towards the PPS Value of S$25,000 required for membership renewal. Only if the Reserve Value you have is less than S$25,000 will your Current PPS Value be used to help achieve the S$25,000 required. All remaining Current PPS Value will subsequently be credited to your account as new Reserve Value.

With this change, we hope that you will continue to enjoy your Solitaire PPS Club membership for years to come.

For more information on how your Reserve Value will be used for membership renewal, please click here.

Thank you once again for your support and we look forward to welcoming you onboard Singapore Airlines soon.

Yours sincerely,

Shirlene Teo
    Manager Loyalty Marketing

This is a good change, so your PPS Reserve Value counter will have 'fresher' PPS Reserve Value.

Comment

SQ should offer one college credit for understanding and calculating your own PPS Reserve Value. Why don't they just get rid of expiration and deduct SGD 25,000 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Why don't they just get rid of expiration and deduct SGD 25,000 per year.
        Excellent idea.

Comment

Finally, something positive. Nice move.

Comment

SQ should offer one college credit for understanding and calculating your own PPS Reserve Value. Why don't they just get rid of expiration and deduct SGD 25,000 per year.
            I agree. It might just be me but I had to read the details a couple of times to ensure there was no 'trick' to the offer - why am I such a cynic when it comes to SQ changes to PPS and KF rules?

Comment

So basically I could gather 100K SGD PPS value in year 1 and then not fly at all in year 2 and I would stil retain TPP for another year? Did I get that right?

If so then I fully agree with TerryK to just get rid of the expiration date. I mean if they would want to avoid someone clocking a lot of value in one year and then extending status for 3-4 years to come (in theory) they can alway cap the maximum reserve value.

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                  Finally, something positive. Nice move.
                  Those first three words tell SQ all they need to know about how Solitaires (and QPP's) feel they have been treated in the last couple of years.

Heaven forbid I am even thinking this way (I really should know better), but with a new CEO and Loyalty Manager, are we actually going to feel wanted and valued again ?.

Comment

Let's hope that it will just get better and better. Next improvement should be allowing Solitaire to access TPR.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      Let's hope that it will just get better and better. Next improvement should be allowing Solitaire to access TPR.
                      Indeed, I actually expected Solitaires to gain access when I first heard of the TPR

Comment

What is the point of accumulating so much PPS value year after year, if it just serves to renew PPS and highlight how much we spend with SQ in dollars. With high fares, its really not difficult to get $25,000 in a year. SIN-KUL-SIN is already $600 for a 30 min flight each way, with a cold sandwich thrown in. And if you fly on the silkair operated flights, it will be the most expensive A320 flight per KM flown.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Those first three words tell SQ all they need to know about how Solitaires (and QPP's) feel they have been treated in the last couple of years.

Heaven forbid I am even thinking this way (I really should know better), but with a new CEO and Loyalty Manager, are we actually going to feel wanted and valued again ?.
                          Hmmm, you must be one of those optimists who gets up in the morning and says "Good morning God", whereas a pessimist would say "Good God, morning"...

Not that it particularly bothers me, but I've noticed they haven't greeted me on my recent flights. Used to be the norm. Still seem to get my food order taken first though. Small things, but they all add up. Sitting in T2 lounge now, about to head to MNL - looking forward to the F upgrade

Comment

Well that'll teach me - I DID get upgraded to F! Only 4 of us in F and I know for sure that two of us were upgraded.

Also the added bonus of seeing a 380 take off at exactly the same time as us on the parallel runway. Pretty sure it would have been SQ856 bound for HKG.

Comment

Congrats on the op-up! We're past April Fool's now, so it must be real!

Comment

Working...
                              X