Need some redemption help/suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fone View Post
    Yes, the miles are not deducted because your itinerary is not confirmed and because you still have one sector in the waitlist, you cannot confirm the itinerary. What I did previously, was to book the flights individually (as 2 one-way tickets) so that I can confirm one flight. As for the flight being waitlisted, I had a confirmed back-up redemption in another class of service, which I cancelled after the waitlist clears.
    Hey fone, thanks for the reply and tips! I was just thinking of doing a backup flight booking (since miles are not deducted til confirmation) for SIN-MEL since I won't be on wait list. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles View Post
      Hey fone, thanks for the reply and tips! I was just thinking of doing a backup flight booking (since miles are not deducted til confirmation) for SIN-MEL since I won't be on wait list. Thanks again
      Originally posted by KC* View Post
      A bit late to reply you but yes, you book as 2 one-way tixs. The cost to you is no different in terms of miles or surcharge compared with a return tix as SQ divides the whole lot by half exactly.

In fact, there are some advantages to booking as two one way tix because if you make any changes to one of the two legs, there is no effect on the other and hence, you save on penalty costs (if any).
      Great! Thanks for the tip KC!+

Comment

Working...
      X