No announcement yet.

What to do with 15K expiring KF miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with 15K expiring KF miles?

Hi, Can anyone tell me what to do with my KF miles that will be expired on April 2011? I have 15000 KF miles and I'm not traveling to anywhere

Thanks

Formzs

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
    Hi, Can anyone tell me what to do with my KF miles that will be expired on April 2011? I have 15000 KF miles and I'm not traveling to anywhere

Thanks

Formzs
    They can be extended for a fee, if they have not been extended before.

This fee can (IIRC) either be cash or part use of the miles itself.

Comment

Make a short weekend trip to somewhere in the region?
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Or you can do a CGK turnaround for the fun of flying, like I do

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Or you can do a CGK turnaround for the fun of flying, like I do
          Or if you are at CGK, then pay us a visit here in Singapore for a chicken-rice lunch and then fly home in time for dinner.

Comment

If the miles expire in April 2011 that means you can book flights out in the future. So you could book CGK-SIN-CGK in Eco as a saver award online and it would only cost 12750 miles for the roundtrip (better book two one ways though for the same mileage but more flexibility on your date changes).

Your flight dates could be for Hari Raya or Xmas or next year Chinese New Year. Whatever. If booked online via KF you can even change around the dates for travel for free as long as saver awards are available on the new travel dates and within the overall ticket validity.

Only if you cancel the award then the miles that have expired will not get credited back and vanish as if you had let them expire. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for the replies..

I think I'm going to take short trip for my weekend LAX - SFO or Vegas because I'm in LA

Btw can I redeem the KF miles for SQ ticket to my family member (parent or brother)?

Thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
                Btw can I redeem the KF miles for SQ ticket to my family member (parent or brother)?
                You can redeem the KF miles for anyone, as long as that person is listed in your redemption nominees.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                  You can redeem the KF miles for anyone, as long as that person is listed in your redemption nominees.
                  Correct, so if they are not listed as your redemption nominees yet then you can create them through KF online. Just be ready to have some details like date of birth, passport, passport number etc.

Comment

r we allowed to sell miles? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sqrocks View Post
                      r we allowed to sell miles? LOL
                      Miles are not transferrable but you can use them to redeem tickets for your nominees. The rest is up to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X