Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does KF allow open jaw with 1 stopover redemptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does KF allow open jaw with 1 stopover redemptions?

I had this query and could not find it in KF FAQs. I called up KF to ask.

The reply: No, cannot be done. Must redeem 2 single trip ticket. (ie: SGN-SIN-MEL & PER-SIN-SGN) and no stopover.

The agent who took my call didn't sound very sure so I called up KF a second time.

2nd reply: You need to call KF to make an open jaw award reservation with 1 stopover but no 15% discount as it's a phone booking.

I am . There's no 15% discount because it's a an open jaw routing with a stopover or because it's a phone booking?

Anyone tried an open jaw redemption with a stopover before?

Ok. Called them a third time. This time the agent explained everything in detail. No need to call KF to make a booking. Book 2 single one way. 15% discount still applies but the stopover leg will incur an extra 10,000 KF miles.
    Last edited by sabian; 21 March 2011, 07:25 PM.

Yeah this is one of the few good features of KF.
    One way redemptions are priced at 50% round trip redemption mileage.
    No need to bother with open jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Yeah this is one of the few good features of KF.
      One way redemptions are priced at 50% round trip redemption mileage.
      No need to bother with open jaw.
      True, a good feature. However I thought only Standard and Full one way awards between different regions allow for a stopover and that one cannot get a stopover for a 1-way saver award.

I tried to do this online using CGK-SIN//SIN-FRA as a F Saver with a one week stopover in SIN and the system tells me to select at least one 'non-saver' segment to proceed. Nothing about an extra 10K charge which I think I read in the past somewhere in relation to a Saver RT, but not a 1-way.
      Last edited by demue; 24 March 2011, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        True, a good feature. However I thought only Standard and Full one way awards between different regions allow for a stopover and that one cannot get a stopover for a 1-way saver award.

I tried to do this online using CGK-SIN//SIN-FRA as a F Saver with a one week stopover in SIN and the system tells me to select at least one 'non-saver' segment to proceed. Nothing about an extra 10K charge which I think I read in the past somewhere in relation to a Saver RT, but not a 1-way.
        The single trip Y redemption does not allow for stopovers but a round trip Y redemption entitles you to 1 stopover on the outbound or inbound leg.

Which means, if you do an open jaw (ie: 2 single Y redemptions), there will not be any stopover if it's a saver redemption.

But if you opt for 1 saver+1standard, you can do 1 stopover on the standard redemption so indirectly, the stopover "cost" 10K miles.

When I searched the ANA FFP for an open jaw routing, I was permitted 1 stopover but at Star Alliance redemption rates.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post

Not true, as I am currently on a FRA-SIN-CGK F saver award that now involves a stopover in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Not true, as I am currently on a FRA-SIN-CGK F saver award that now involves a stopover in SIN.
            Did you do it online (with 15% disc)??
            What's your secret?
            Never managed to do that online...

Comment

Do I dare to ask Mhm are you sure it is a stopover or only a transit? Yes I know that you know the difference between the two , but I never got this to work online with the 15% discount . It forces me to select at least one segment as standard or I can't proceed.

Comment

I got the 15% discount, even though I had to call to book it.

When booking on line it only showed me SQ952 to CGK leaving in less than an hour, which I couldn't be bothered with rushing for. I wanted to go on SQ956 at 0930 (would have been a wise decision as we were almost 2 hours late so I would have missed SQ952 anyway) but even if I selected stopover and put in the same departure day it only gave me the last three flights of the day.

So I just called them, told them I wanted SQ956 not 952 and she did it with the 15% discount. My plans then changed and I only needed to go the CGK the next day so I called and changed the flight over the phone.

Rather bizarrely when I wanted to check if Savers were available on the flights to CGK it said none of them had Saver F award seats, but ANA had seats for all of them.

Comment

So its a transit not a stopover then. Mate, you gotta put that DOM down...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    A transit is <24 hours, so arriving at 0630 one day and leaving at 1235 the next is not one.

And it was Krug, not Dom.

Comment

OK. I gotta put mine down then.......

Comment

Rather bizarrely when I wanted to check if Savers were available on the flights to CGK it said none of them had Saver F award seats, but ANA had seats for all of them.
                        Yep, that's been happening to me all last week...

Comment

A transit is <24 hours, so arriving at 0630 one day and leaving at 1235 the next is not one.

And it was Krug, not Dom.
                          OK. I gotta put mine down then.......
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                          X