Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver Awards and Miles through CC Spending

Hey all:

Sorry yea...may I ask what is Saver Awards all about? Please do point teach.

Thanks a bunch!

Saver requires the least number of miles for an award...Standard requires 2x of Saver and Full requires 3x.

FLIGHT AWARDS
    Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First and Business Class on B777-300ER flights.
    On B777-300 flights with the same First Class seats that are fitted on B777-300ER flights, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First Class.
    Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption of flights on the all-Business Class A340-500.
    On the A380, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in Business Class.

Visit:
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...wardCharts.pdf

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...v=-1999777380&

Comment

[QUOTE=vsepr;142880]Saver requires the least number of miles for an award...Standard requires 2x of Saver and Full requires 3x.

FLIGHT AWARDS
      Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First and Business Class on B777-300ER flights.
      On B777-300 flights with the same First Class seats that are fitted on B777-300ER flights, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First Class.
      Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption of flights on the all-Business Class A340-500.
      On the A380, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in Business Class.

Thanks vsepr for the explanation. Simply put instead of burning cash to buy ticket, using miles to claim for ticket.

Take SIN-BWN for example. Since its B772ER flight, pax can using one way Saver Award would require 25,000 miles only against Standard 50,000 or 75,000 for Full awards.....

Err....25,000 miles is quite a lot to be burned..at least for me as a student who doesn't travel much. No?

Comment

[QUOTE=jul247;142883]
        Originally posted by vsepr View Post
        Saver requires the least number of miles for an award...Standard requires 2x of Saver and Full requires 3x.

FLIGHT AWARDS

Thanks vsepr for the explanation. Simply put instead of burning cash to buy ticket, using miles to claim for ticket.

Take SIN-BWN for example. Since its B772ER flight, pax can using one way Saver Award would require 25,000 miles only against Standard 50,000 or 75,000 for Full awards.....

Err....25,000 miles is quite a lot to be burned..at least for me as a student who doesn't travel much. No?
        if you don't travel much long hual, it will be difficult to have that many miles banked... unless you are big spender with credit card, otherwise 25k miles is at least 2 return flights to LHR.
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

No need big spender...normal household spending will do

[QUOTE=kapitan;142893]
          Originally posted by jul247 View Post

if you don't travel much long hual, it will be difficult to have that many miles banked... unless you are big spender with credit card, otherwise 25k miles is at least 2 return flights to LHR.
          No need to be big spender with credit card.

Just pay your daily essentials with credit card that has good mileage earning rates..many people get the wrong idea that you need to purposely spend alot to redeem Business Class/First Class tickets...actually you don't have too..

Bills (handphone, utilities, town council, telephone, internet, cable TV), groceries, food, petrol, buses/MRT (EZ-link), shopping etc... all need to pay and buy...so charge them to credit card that earns miles..Citibank's cards has the best mileage earning rate...don't be put off by the S$25 admin fee for mileage transfer. One way is to set aside some points to redeem $20 or $30 worth of vouchers or rebate (to offset the S$25)...the balance points transfer to frequent flyer programs.

Just see the result after 1 year of household expenses on these items (Bills, groceries, food, petrol, buses/MRT (EZ-link), shopping) and you will see how much miles you earn....

Comment

[QUOTE=vsepr;143190]
            Originally posted by kapitan View Post

Just pay your daily essentials with credit card ...

Bills (handphone, utilities, town council, telephone, internet, cable TV), groceries, food, petrol, buses/MRT (EZ-link), shopping etc...
            I don't want to go too much OT her ebut you keep pointing out utilities and at least in the case of SP Power it baffles me how you manage to pay this bill by credit card. AFAIK (and the SP Power website confirms) they do not accept credit card payment at all. Am I missing some way to get this on my CC? Please enlighten me

BTW: Wouldn't mind if the IRAS starts to accept CC payments again. Takes a bit of the pain out of paying your taxes.

Comment

Yes, you are missing some way to earn more miles/points. SP services bills can pay by credit card only at SP Services's 2 office during office hours (Including Sat till 1pm) at Woodlands Civic Centre and 111 Somerset with any bank's VISA and MasterCard. Or for online credit card SP Services bill payment, only Standard Chartered online internet banking allows you to do that, with Standard Chartered credit cards. (Every 2500 Standard Chartered rewards points = 1000 KrisFlyer miles)

Same for IRAS income tax, property tax, town council fees. The ONLY credit card is Standard Chartered and only payable at Standard Chartered's online internet banking. Town Council fees can pay by Citibank cards at AXS machines, but not SP Services bills.

All merchants in the list here can charge to Standard Chartered's credit cards for online bill payment. Instead of choosing your bank account to debit from, choose the credit card to be debited from.

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/...n/merhant.html

Comment

vsepr: Very enlightening, thank you - finally a reason to sign up for Stanchart (income tax)

However,

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                Or for online credit card SP Services bill payment, only Standard Chartered online internet banking allows you to do that, with Standard Chartered credit cards. (Every 2500 Standard Chartered rewards points = 1000 KrisFlyer miles)

...property tax... The ONLY credit card is Standard Chartered and only payable at Standard Chartered's online internet banking. Town Council fees can pay by Citibank cards at AXS machines, but not SP Services bills.
                These are incorrect. I pay for both with Citibank online without any problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  These are incorrect. I pay for both with Citibank online without any problems at all.
                  Sorry to continue the OT but can these be Giro-ed to Citibank PM card?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                    Sorry to continue the OT but can these be Giro-ed to Citibank PM card?
                    No they cannot be charged monthly automatically to Citibank Premiermiles card...you need to charge physically for the SP services bill at their office.

"These are incorrect. I pay for both with Citibank online without any problems at all."

You pay property tax, income tax, SP Services bill online at Citibank online by debiting directly from your bank account and not charging directly to any Citibank card right?

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/other..._transfers.htm

Payments to billing organisations using Citibank Credit Card as source of funds will not earn any rewards and/or rebates under any Citibank reward or loyalty programme. This is applicable only for selected billing organizations.

So for SP Services bills, you still need to go down physically charge to Citibank credit card to earn the miles/points. Only Standard Chartered's credit cards awards you points (or cashback for Manhattan cards) for IRAS Property tax & Income tax payment.
                    Last edited by vsepr; 16 March 2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Since points are not itemised, I just receive some here and there every couple of days. Not sure, really...

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the Standard Charter CC thing as IRAS makes it interesting, but think I can't be bothered. Also going to 111 Somerset to pay 150 SGD a month in utilities is too much hassle for me. I giro it and so be it.

Comment

Working...
                        X