Star Alliance award but flying SQ metal for certain sectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Alliance award but flying SQ metal for certain sectors

Has anyone tried doing this before? For example, if I want to redeem a *A saver award SIN-LHR return, can I route the flight as follows:

SIN-ZUR (SQ)
    ZUR-LHR (LX)
    LHR-MUC (LH)
    MUC-SIN (SQ)

Transit point can be the same for both directions. Appreciate thoughts with thanks!

Yes. You can have 1 stop-over as well. Its even possible to do a open-jaw return

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
      Has anyone tried doing this before? For example, if I want to redeem a *A saver award SIN-LHR return, can I route the flight as follows:

SIN-ZUR (SQ)
      ZUR-LHR (LX)
      LHR-MUC (LH)
      MUC-SIN (SQ)

Transit point can be the same for both directions. Appreciate thoughts with thanks!
      Just to make sure, you are using KF miles right? If so then going SIN-ZRH and MUC-SIN (or direct flights to LHR) will not allow for a C Saver award but only a C Standard award (double mls) due to the aircraft being A380 / 77W with 'new' biz class. You can add non-SQ sectors to this itinerary, but you need to go via the call center for that and can't make the redemption online so you will loose out on the 15% online redemption discount.

If you want saver awards on SQ C to Europe than you need to pick different routes like to AMS, CPH, ATH (772ER) or FRA (744 on SQ25/26). If you consider other carriers lilke LH, TG, LX, OS then you got more options and can also book those for saver award levels.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Yes. You can have 1 stop-over as well. Its even possible to do a open-jaw return
        You are right with your statement. However, he is asking about *A Saver Award from what I can tell and the routes for the SQ flights he mentions are on new C (A380 & 77W) so that will not be possible. Only KF Standard Award will do.

He could try SIN-FRA-LHR-FRA-SIN (or go via AMS or CPH, etc. but that adds more Inner-European segments) if he can get a seat in C on SQ25/26 or switch to other *A carriers instead of SQ.

Comment

Yes, but OP did not mention COS; he may well be looking at Y. Let's wait for his response before we go further.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Yes, but OP did not mention COS; he may well be looking at Y. Let's wait for his response before we go further.
            Point taken. I guess I always assume C or F as otherwise it would be such a shame to spend those miles

Comment

Thanks 9V-JKL and demue - I am unfortunately using it to redeem in Y but with a very good reason

I guess I might then redeem via ZUR (plus it's an A380 on the SQ leg) as it seems an all round better airport to transit at.

Oh and yes, using KF miles to redeem.
              Last edited by kelvgoh; 14 March 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X