Redeem upgrade for only one sector of flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeem upgrade for only one sector of flight

I will be on SQ12 flight from SIN-LAX with tech stop at NRT on 28 march, since I have miles expiring soon, I tried calling SQ to see if I can do an upgrade from economy to business on only one sector from SIN-NRT (since I only have about 50k krisflyer miles to spare) and back to economy from NRT to LAX. According to the customer service officer she told me I can only do an upgrade from SIN-LAX and can't do it only for SIN-NRT. Just wondering if any of you manage to do a one sector upgrade before? Tried searching SQ web but can't seems to find any thing about doing only a one sector upgrade. Thanks.
    Last edited by Wil; 9 March 2011, 07:39 PM.

You can't. Unless you break your original ticket to SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX.

Comment

Well I wouldn't quite say break the original ticket (I think we mean the same though) but break your trip meaning fly SIN-NRT and have a stopover in NRT for example for a day or so and then continue next day on NRT-LAX flight. Same ticket but now the upgrade works on SIN-NRT only as it is not one SIN-LAX flight any longer. Hope that makes sense. All depends whether you want to stop in TYO and if your fare allows for a stopover or transit stop (transit of less then 24hrs would require you to fly to NRT on a different SQ flight though, not SQ16 as it is not possible timing wise).

Comment

That makes sense... Thanks!

Comment

That's true....
          Did it once... (similar condition like yours, but for a different reason...)
          My ticket was SYD-SUB, and I wanted to upgrade to J, but no seat on SIN-SUB sector, only available on SYD-SIN sector. So, KF didn't allow me to upgrade only the SYD-SIN sector with that condition of ticket. They advised me to make a stop over at SIN, so the ticket would become SYD-SIN-SUB, so they could do the upgrade on SYD-SIN sector for me.

Comment

But in Dent@SUB's case, you have 2 separate flights. For the OP, its technically 1 flight

Comment

No... It was one ticket...
              At first the ticket was SYD (SIN) SUB.... without stop over in SIN...
              Then changed the ticket into SYN SIN SUB... with stopover in SIN..
              So, the first one only transit in SIN then changed became with stop over in SIN....
              The ticket was SYD SIN SUB, not SYD SIN & SIN SUB...

Comment

I understand. What I meant was that SYD-SIN is 1 flight and SIN-SUB is another flight. So upgrading one of the 2 should not be an issue.

In the OP's case, its 1 flight with 2 segments so that's where it gets complicated.

Comment

Ops.. Sorry... My bad...
                  Then make stop over lah.... and it's magically become 2 flights in one ticket...

Comment

Can't do a stopover since I'm traveling on company's ticket, unless I have a valid reasons as to why I need to make a stopover at NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                      Can't do a stopover since I'm traveling on company's ticket, unless I have a valid reasons as to why I need to make a stopover at NRT.
                      I don't see that as a reason. People can fly on company's ticket and extend the date, why not a stopover, as long as it costs the same or you offer to top up the differences.

Comment

If I upgrade to Biz class using KF point, can I earn the original economy mileage on A3?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Yes you can

Comment

fone, my company doesn't allow any stopover unless there is really a need to.

Just read from the news SQ decided to delay using A380 for SIN-NRT-LAX and revert back to using B744 at the meantime, that means I'm able to use saver upgrade for my flight, but when I called KF to ask for seats availability, they told me there's none for saver upgrade. (I assume they want to reserve the seats for profit rather than releasing it for upgrade). Had anyone tried asking for upgrades during check-in and what are the chances of getting it?

Comment

Working...
                            X